Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Yorkshire Dales MTB Centre – I may have some complaints….. ;-)
  • robdob
    Free Member

…….the food was much better than I planned for so I didn't eat the snacks I took, the beds were more comfortable so I didn't want to get up, I had planned for worse weather but sweated in the blue skies. And the terrain was so good I was really sad to go……

peterpoddy originals…. 🙂

Chuffin' brilliant guys! Everyone should go, an ace business in an ace location and doing well. Keep it up!!!

Dalesbikecentre

What can I say Robdob – We take complaints very seriously here at Dales Bike Centre but I'm not sure what we can do about this very common complaint? Maybe:-
    1. Limit the 24hr cake access?
    2. Move the centre into one of those forested areas to ride?
    3. Deploy very loud crow scarers to disturb sleep?
    4. Tell the owner of the pub down the road to stop serving beer?

Please do let us have any genuine suggestions!!

Look forward to seeing you guys again – it was a pleasue having you all at the weekend

Stu

_foxie_
    Free Member

I think you're lacking an over-priced car park…

eckinspain
    Free Member

How far from Edinburgh?
    How many beds?

halfbee
    Free Member

I've been, the weather was rubbish – it rained, I got wet

The environmentally friendly bike wash made me wet

The hot, powerful shower made me even wetter

I went 200 yards down the road to the pub, drank too much spilled my pint and got wet.

In the morning the coffee was too hot – spat it out making my trousers wet.

Stu took us for a ride down Gunnerside Gill – I was so scared I wet myself.

I left Sunday night in tears – the final bit of wetness

Overall not recommended, maybe I'm just too wet.

andy_hew
    Free Member

Robdob – where is that first picture taken?

Dalesbikecentre

I think you guys aren't taking this seriously:-)

eckinspain – 178 miles from Edinburgh Route finder 14 beds

halfbee
    Free Member

I got seriously wet, I don't care for your tone.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Top picture looks like going down the side of Gunnerside Ghyll unless I am very much mistaken (which I often am :-))
    Cheers
    Steve

robdob
    Free Member

I think you may be right. I didn't take the picture, I just you'd like it as it's pretty. 🙂

Limit the 24hr cake access?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was only joking, I'm sorry, you're the best and it was perfect. Please don't take away the cake. Please..
    [/peterpoddy wakes up at mention of cake rationing]

willv

Heading there for a long weekend at the end of May with a group of mates so these comments are very worrying – might enjoy myself too much – bring it on 🙂

Will

miketually
    Free Member

Both times I've been you've been really friendly, which made me stay inside in the warm drinking coffee for too long!

mt
    Free Member

Was that Stu guy smiling all the time? He gets right on my t1ts with his happy banter and general good humour. In fact I'm so sick of it I'll be off again in a few weeks.
    He wanders around the centre looking like an LS Lowery figure, does he not eat any of Brenda's cake? I have seen more meat on length of Reynolds 853.

Dalesbikecentre

:-)Please guys my ribs are aching………………………………

can only apologise for all of the above and anything else you care to throw at us

robdob
    Free Member

He wanders around the centre looking like an LS Lowery figure, does he not eat any of Brenda's cake? I have seen more meat on length of Reynolds 853.

Exactly.
    He also has more height on him than is healthy for a human being.

BTW, the Black Bull in Reeth serves an amazing gammon steak and steak and ale pie. And tasty beer. And it's cosy and welcoming.

What is wrong with these people? 😯

halfbee
    Free Member

more meat on length of Reynolds 853.

That is my favourite ever STW quote

Dalesbikecentre

That reynolds 853 is put to good use only on the best of frames;-)

halfbee
    Free Member

Air hardening too – Grrrrrr

MrGreedy

Laughing @ mt

My main complaint; it's so good I keep having to go back and spend money. Any chance you could move it a couple of hundred miles closer to my house though? (Bring the hills too please, we could do with a few more of them darn sarth)

Gary_C

Hmmm…..

Just to echo the comments above,8 of us stayed up there for a weekend in early October just gone,& I agree with robdob.It was rubbish….

That much so,that 14 of us are going up there again in May!!

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Im so jealous i live too close to stay here over night. Only 45 minutes drive to Dales so have to be content with weekly visits 😉

Love the cakes and coffee at the centre and highly recommend the Gingerbread Latte, sorts you out after a ride.

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Dalesbikecentre – Think you should remove that old wooden crate on the grass outside the centre! Not only is it an eyesaw but riders look scared when they ride near it, why is that? 😆

Dalesbikecentre

Jellybaby – Wooden crate? Stu is very touchy about his van! (hope he doesn't look at this)

Ahhh – I guess your meaning the new ramp for the Jumps and Drops course, it's been moved to the secret location for use only by the DMB team and obviously riders on our courses…

Jellybaby
    Free Member

LOL Of course its a ramp!

Jumps and Drops sounds good to me, ill have to get booked in.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire Dales MTB Centre – I may have some complaints….. ;-)’ is closed to new replies.