Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Yeti ASR5 & ASR5C Owners!! – a few questions.
  • dickie
    Free Member

How tall are you & what size frame are you riding?
    Stem length?
    In-Line or layback seat post?
    Any warranty issues?
    Do you wish you’d bought something else & if so what & why?

Daveb575
    Free Member

I have had an ASR5c since Jan this year. In answer to your questions.

5’9″ medium

70mm with a 685mm low rise bar

In line post

None

Not for a second no. Combination of the geometry, lowish bb, stiff frame and light weight are a perfect combination IMO. I have been surprised at how capable it is. I have an 07 575 which I intended to use for harder hitting stuff, but I have not felt the need yet. Not ridden anything particularly big, but I have never felt underbiked riding in the Peaks. Incidentally, I’m running a 120 mm SID fork and there is scope to increase its ability on more challenging terrain by fitting a 130mm or 140mm fork. I have a 150mm Rev that I been meaning to space down to 130mm to try it out, but haven’t got round to it yet.

P7Pro

I’m 5’10” and have a medium 5a, with 90mm stem & 367mm straight post.
    I got the bike in June 2010 and really like it, riding mainly in the Lakes & Dales. The only issue I have is that the paint scuffs on the top tube quite easily. Apart from this it’s a superb bike. Contact Evolution, the importers, to see if you arrange a test.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jim
    Free Member

5’11” Medium
    70mm
    Inline
    No
    No

meesterbond

ASR-5C, 5’10 – Medium
    Stem’s 90mm I think
    Reverb Seatpost
    No warranty issues
    Only slight regret is not heli taping the frame before the first ride – there’s now a few cable scuffs which won’t come out…
    Running F120 forks which seem perfect for the bike. Only change might be some lighter wheels – the Hope/Stans are fine, but tempted to go lighter.

ruscle
    Free Member

ASR-5a, 5’10 – Medium
    80mm stem with 711 low rise bars
    Reverb post set with a little layback (switch the rail plates round)
    No issues, No regrets. I run it with 140mm Talas. Great bike, get one !

Leku
    Free Member

ASRs alloy
    5’6″ – Small
    70mm stem with Use Atom bars
    Fusion X dropper post
    Rev RLT forks dropped to 130mm
    Heavier than my last Yeti (ASR-sl) but it climbs better whilst sat down. Manuals very easily.
    Love it.
    [/url]
    IMGP3552 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

ScottChegg
    Free Member

5’11” Medium
    90mm
    Inline
    No
    No – And I did tape the thing to within an inch of it’s life.

Running 140mm Floats and they are just the job.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I don’ geddit… how are you all 5′ 10″ ish and riding Yeti mediums?

Yeti ‘medium’ is 19″. I’m 5-10 ish and have been riding 17.5-18″ bikes forever. What is it that Yeti do differently here?

Perplexed, cause I’ve been trying to figure out Yeti frame sizing forever, also.

I’m convinced that if I ever bought one I’d be a 17.5″ ‘small’, just like every other bike I’ve ever owned. But I’m yet to test ride one..

How does this work? 😕

mttm
    Free Member

5’9″ on a medium alloy.
    70mm / 0 degree
    i950 dropper – “fairly” inline
    Not really – shock ate it’s mount hardware in a few (I think it was 5) rides. Zero interest from Evolution, which was not very encouraging. Replacements have been fine.
    No. The Blur Trail carbon looks spot on, but not for that money!

I went through the sizing quandry too (there’s a thread on here very like this one somewhere!). Suffice to say I’m really happy with the medium. While it looks long on paper, with a short stem and an inline post, it feels beautifully balanced.

ruscle
    Free Member

I never really found my medium to be long, if anything it felt very slightly shorter than my 17.5 Trek EX I had before. Sweet bike, If you do decide to get one I can highly recommend freeflowbikes in scotland, they do next day delivery for free and if you pay full price for the frame they will include and fit a Chris King headset and bottom bracket for free, or like me I got the frame for £1350 and they price matched a CK headset for £135. I would also recommend 130mm-140mm forks for this frame, I have run both but prefer 140mm with a little more sag.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

6ft 1” tall-Frame Size large
    Stem 50mm
    Inline Seat post

No warranty issues but am having trouble getting hold of the bolt through rear end kit thingy….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR5 & ASR5C Owners!! – a few questions.’ is closed to new replies.