Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yeti ASR-SL vs Turner Flux
  • trailertrash

Nice problem to have obviously…

I have the ASR, but my head has been turnered (sorry) by other bikes recently, including the new Flux.

Was thinking of trying out the Flux, specifically because I think the physics behind the DW link is pretty sound, I often use ProPedal on my ASR and I can't get a Joplin or similar quality adjustable post in the Yeti frame (27.2mm tube) and am a compulsive seat dropper.

Anyone got any experience with both these bikes and care to chip in an opinion?

Tim

psychle
    Free Member

I can't get a Joplin or similar quality adjustable post in the Yeti frame

A Gravity Dropper works fine in my ASR-sl, and totally reliable in over 3+ years of usage 🙂 No maintenance either (apart from replacing the cable this year).

trailertrash

They just look so bad :o(

dickie
    Free Member

I have a DW Flux.
    Bought at Xmas, limited riding to date witha bit of saddle swopping adjusting, bar lowering etc but I really like it.
    Feels nice & stiff, pedals light & climbs lovely.

Coasting
    Free Member

The ASR is a far lighter bike that makes a fantastic race bike but with the slack head angle its still very stable.The Flux is quiet a bit heavier and more robust, more of a burly xc bike that could b pressed into doing a bit of racing.Both fantastic but both a little different.

andrewh
    Free Member

Got an ASR-Carbon.
    Love it, really fast and silly light. Built as an out-and-out racer but has also done the DH courses at Inners (Nat XC champs last year used some of the DH routes as the decents) Coped fine with those too. Only issue is slightly low BB.
    Even if you have to sell a kidney you should get one.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

really like look of yeti carbon but heard a few had broke?? like look of flux too just wish could get demos on em somewhere…

dickie
    Free Member

Yes, wanted to demo a large but best Silverfish could do was a medium – whats the point if I need a large. So in the end I had to take the plunge.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have an older '06 Flux and it's a do-anything bike.
    It makes my riding look less clumbsy, allows me all sorts of liberties. You can ride it all day with relative ease.
    Sort of bike I'd throw at the TransWales given the opporunity!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR-SL vs Turner Flux’ is closed to new replies.