Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Yet more online dating . . . tinder?!
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Had a great night at a party in London last night – with a good few minutes having tinder explained to me by some of the single ladies there – seedy springs to mind!

Does anyone seriously use such a thing – or is it just those odd london types!?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s tinder then? Is it a hetero version of Grindr?

bearnecessities

*Googles tinder*

*Confirms suspicions we’re all doomed*

scaredypants

*likes bearnecessities*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*Googles tinder*

*sets up profile*

*Likes DezB and Shibby’s profiles*

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Yes like grindr – but at least the profiles pictures contain more faces than grindr (still bleaching my mind after being shown that by a gay friend!)

emsz
    Free Member

The casual dating/sex thing?

scary 😯

piemonster

*Googles tinder*

*sets up profile*

*Likes DezB and Shibby’s profiles*

Plus one

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I’m with emsz – I think it would be fair to say I like men and sex but what passes as dating these days is enough to put me off completely.

Edit just reread that – what I meant is by making dating predominantly about the quick shag it makes the whole online dating thing seem sordid (and I know it works for some but that is merely my perception)

bearnecessities

Edit: Too childish, even for me.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Boo, missed your childish remark

bearnecessities

No, you really didn’t miss anything! Reference to a quote someone made on another thread.

I don’t posess verbal dexterity to say how many things are wrong with that tinder idea; most rational folk probably know though. Huge implications if it takes off 🙁

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I was just a bit suprised how popular it already seemed to be down there – hopefully it will just stay a london thing

leffeboy

Huge implications if it takes off

There was a website advertised on hoardings here (Brussels) which was basically a website for a ‘bit on the side’. Of course this stuff exists but I was taken aback by seeing it so out in the open

allthegear
    Free Member

I suppose Tinder has its pace; if only to keep the type of people that would find it attractive well away from me…

(mind you, I don’t need dating any more, anyway 😀 )

Rachel

dantsw13

Now Blendr as well – a direct straight version of grindr

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Thanks AW, I was blissfully unaware of Tinder, Grindr and Blendr until reading this thread. I have never been more relieved to be well out of the dating game!

A view reinforced by the experiences of a colleague who shared her experiences with us, and that was on the regular dating sites. She’s now happy in a relationship with an old friend.

Good luck to all you singles seeking soulmates.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If folk want to have casual sex with complete strangers why would anyone else really care?
    IMHO [ as it is not for me] its a sad sign of modern life/society that many are more comfortable bumping bits than bumping minds souls or emotions
    Still whatever gets them through the night its their choice not mine.
    I wont be joining and I have no need though.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

It wasn’t the individual choices that I found disturbing rather the general tendency for dating sites to vere towards casual sex.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Be naughty.com – openly advertising it
    Anyone else notice that it’s the guys that get charged to view/message though….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surely there was always things like this- 25 years ago mags and PO boxes now an app.

I suspect the internet just makes some stuff more visible or perhaps we live in more open /liberated times.

grantway
    Free Member

From London and lived in london all my life
    And is this a London thing Nope !!!!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@grantway – are you single? As it seemed to be known to all the single people (and a married one!) that were at the party I was at last night.

And forgive me if im wrong JY but I always got the impression the personal ads like that were not really a mainstream phenomenon

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a good site for keeping all the slappers in one place.

Yuk. 😐

footflaps

Whatever happened to the no 3rd base until the 3rd date rule?

footflaps

If folk want to have casual sex with complete strangers why would anyone else really care?

Can you have casual sex with your husband / wife e.g. say whilst making the tea or reading the paper?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    It’s a good site for keeping all the slappers in one place.Yuk.

Thats fair enough but it seems like a suprising number of dating sites are used mainly for precuring a quick shag – so not really a small pocket of people

zokes
    Free Member

Huge implications if it takes off

I’d say it might have an uplifting swell in support 😉

bearnecessities

it seems like a suprising number of dating sites are used mainly for precuring a quick shag – so not really a small pocket of people

That. Not wishing to be all prudish, there is a place in everyone’s life for random knee tremblers; but scouring the internet to procure them is wrong.

It’s a moral race to the bottom, so to speak.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Thats fair enough but it seems like a suprising number of dating sites are used mainly for precuring a quick shag – so not really a small pocket of people

From my colleagues experience I’d concur. And, reading the opening gambits or replies from the blokes, a refined dialogue is not required. It seems that the most direct offer/request and detailed description is the preferred approach. 😯

dandax1990
    Free Member

My mate mentioned this Friday night to our single mates. Half an hour later we were having a decent laugh.

Stop being so boring.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I am far from a prude either, just find it a bit depressing.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@dandax1990 – are you 23?

maybe we’ll check back on you in another 20 odd years and if you’re single ask if you are starting to find it all a bit boring too? 🙂

kimbers

sounds like the ‘bang with friends’ app!

dandax1990
    Free Member

Yeah I’m 23. The thing with dating, online or not, is people take it too serious. It’s not a bloody job interview.

People need to learn how to have a bit of fun.

piemonster

Dunno why I thought this was relevant. 😉

My date tells me she blocks most people who send her sleazy messages and only dates people who can spell. A good maxim for life in general

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/10318706/Tinder-dating-app-review-a-mans-perspective.html

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@dandax1990 – so are you saying I should lighten up and throw myself out there for loads of casual sex

I am not a 23 year old male I am a 41 year old mother of 4 – im sure you can see that wouldnt really fit with where I am in life. Or maybe I really am too much of a prude 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TBH I find this thread quite depressing, your killing a whole profession with your cheap dating sites, if you just want sex then pay for it, paying for a date/meal/theater just to get your end away gives you the same result which is money = shag.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

but scouring the internet to procure them is wrong.

Huh?

Why?

Do you/do you know someone whose gone on line to find a riding partner?

Just because someone has done the same looking for sex somehow makes it unwholesome?

T inter web is just another social medium (this place after all is nothing more than a substitute for the pub!) – stop being so prissy & moralistic…this aint the age of Queen Victoria!

(When & lets be honest it was was all going on behind closed doors anyway..)

Honestly, this thread reads like a page from the Daily Wail crying over the failure of society to uphold honest & decent moral values…. 🙄

Nobody is getting hurt!
    (Hopefully, & at least not without consent…)

leffeboy

Ah the joys of targeted ads. Anyone else now seeing ads for a site called ‘bilove’?

just me then 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Yet more online dating . . . tinder?!’ is closed to new replies.