Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Yet another watch thread….
  • matt_outandabout

…but no big budget.

I have El cheapo Timex for outdoor battering, but mrs_oab would like to buy me a small treat.

Show me a smallish, simple, military or Swiss railway clock style, waterproof watch with a date and alarm for under £60…

No fussy faces, jazzy graphics or three letter acronyms….

I’m struggling, my Google fu has left me…

chewkw
    Free Member

I have this one … very reliable and accurate. You may want to change the strap to shark net strap whatever they are called. Mine is at least 5 yrs old. It is still working like the first day I bought it.

Citizen eco-drive BM8180 03E like this one from Argos. £59.99 (bought mine for £30 on sale)
    Citizen eco-drive military

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gct3WKN8dTk[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fBiadNxjtE[/video]

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Blimey chewkw nailed it first post!

chewkw
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member

Blimey chewkw nailed it first post!

I win! I Win! 😆 (try to imagine the voice of Joe Swanson, Peter Griffin’s mate, shouting in delight)

MrNice
    Free Member

do either of those have the alarm the OP requested?

chewkw
    Free Member

MrNice – Member
    do either of those have the alarm the OP requested?

😆

If you need that then this one but it will cost more.

Casio GWM5610-1 G-Shock Tough Solar with atomic time keeping …

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ah… No alarm. That’s what phones are for isn’t it?

matt_outandabout

I am moving towards a phone for alarm…

I like both them, how did I not find them before?

chewkw
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    I like both them, how did I not find them before?

Not easy to find unless you know what you are searching for.

Seriously it takes time to search for one that is cheap, good and reliable.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I got a 10 year old ex british army pulsar G10 for about £60 recently, it’s now my everyday watch.

CountZero

I’ve seen that Citizen WR100 in a number of shop windows, and it’s a tidy looking watch. The strap looks comfy, will probably get a bit shabby in time, (ha, see what I did there?), and a replacement bracelet like Chewkw suggests would set it off nicely.

Wally

Details here Weighs nothing and very comfy, perfect under a wet suit and never moves on your wrist when cycling. No alarm though. I have had the ecodrive citizen as above and it scratches easily. I have just sold the same casio – radio controlled 200m job and they are a bit of a lump. I also have a Yobokies sieko 5 – as above and they need to be worn every other day and opened up if you wish not to be out by a minute or so every day.

CountZero

This is the stainless mesh strap that I have on my Seiko: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-20-22-mm-Stainless-Steel-Shark-Watch-Mesh-Band-Diving-Replacement-Bracelets-/281220073111?var=&hash=item417a05c697
    It’s a very comfy bracelet, doesn’t get sweaty, because the mesh breathes very well, and is very flexible.

Wally
    matt_outandabout

I think the Seiko may win…but I found the ideal watch, shame it is out of budget and needs a rubber strap…

dooosuk
    Free Member

You a got a link for that last one Matt?

epicsteve
    Free Member

What about an Military Watch Company G10LM?

My wife and I both use these for outdoor stuff (and army stuff in her case).

timwillows
    Free Member
    unovolo
    Free Member

Couple of options from Orient at Creation watches that get pretty close to your requirements.
    http://www.creationwatches.com/products/orient-automatic-288/orient-automatic-fem7k007b-em7k007b-4771.html
    http://www.creationwatches.com/products/orient-automatic-288/orient-automatic-er2a002f-4398.html

Chuck either one on a NATO strap and your all set.

djglover
    Free Member

This

matt_outandabout

Having ordered one that was huuge, and returned it, I decided if I cant (yet) afford The One I wanted, I would go cheap.

Casio AQ800, £30. Job done.

zippykona

I’ve got the watch that matt bought. Finding the strap really sweaty. Have found that you can’t just put any old canvas strap on it.
    Had a bit of a Google and no joy. What canvas strap will fit please.

hora
    Free Member

Casio GWM5610-1 G-Shock been looking at these. They arent ‘cheap’ though.

Momentums are ace. I have 5. Thr only watch (face) that is big enough for my wrists.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I passed on the Momentum in the end and bought this:

Looks even better in the flesh.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Yet another watch thread….’ is closed to new replies.