• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Yet another automatiac HD streaming advert
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Epic TV this time. can we, who don’t want a premier membership, prevent these from playing and using up our internet mb???

andytherocketeer

don’t need any freeloading tools.
    learn how to use your browser settings.
    there was a thread about this months ago, and afiak it was modded to only auto play a few times, because some people were getting them over limited internet or corporate networks. in my case I won’t see them… either because I’ll stop using STW to avoid abusing work network, or by setting my browser to stop them autoplaying (plus I’d seen half the epic TV stuff via another site). STW’s choice. 100% handled by browser setting, no freeloader plugin, cos it’s not needed.

Cougar

I’ve emailed the tech guys for you.

Everyone else, please make sure you’re familiar with the forum rules before replying.

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers cougar. Appreciated. Hope I haunt broken any rules by doing this??

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t think you have, it’s probably a warning.

It’s not like the mods never break the rules anyway.

daftvader
    Free Member

so for those who have more of a clue about in browser settings how do I do this ( without breaking the rules??)

Cougar

It’s not like the mods never break the rules anyway.

Dunno what you mean, guv.

how do I do this

IE: Tools / Safety / tick “ActiveX Filtering.”

Chrome: Type “chrome://chrome/settings/content” in the address bar / scroll to the Plugins section / select “Cick to play.”

Firefox: Type “about:config” in the address bar / search for “plugins.click_to_play” and enable it.

daftvader
    Free Member

ah ha! nice one cougar. I don’t live behind a keyboard y’see. I am about good enough to turn the thing on and sign in to stw but from there it gets a little hazy!

Cougar

(-:

If memory serves, I think last time this question reared its head it was decided that the Epic TV thing would be set to autoplay on the first few visits and then stop doing so. So if you’re doing something clever like blocking cookies, you could actually have the opposite effect and cause it to always play.

I think.

daftvader
    Free Member

with a 6 year old in the house, using this pc, EVERYTHING is blocked!! however the activex seems to have done the trick

Mark

The Epic TV video plays once in every 24 hours. So once you visit a new page it won’t autoplay again for 24 hours. It is also set to not display at all to users with cookies blocked as it relies on cookies to set the 1in24 setting. It also doesn’t display to mobile/tablet users.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Yet another automatiac HD streaming advert’ is closed to new replies.