Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yawn…Swinley conditions
  • nim

How’s Swinley holding up at the moment? I saw on the Swinley Hub site that part of the red wasn’t open due to bed nesting.
    Is it a mudfest?
    Thanks

boobs

Not a real mudfest, a bit sploshy and v nippy today. Only did Crowthorne and Seagull to wiz round the blue and then back again.

thepurist

I think that closure info is out of date – the affected trails are usually shut spring/summer rather than over the winter. Also the red has been realigned a bit so red 1-3 (tank traps) is officially the end of the red loop rather than the start, though I still go from stickler to tank traps cos I iz old skool innit.

nickmallabar
    Free Member

Just did a couple of hour,. all rideable, not too muddy, pretty good actually.

deadkenny
    Free Member

bed nesting? 😀

soundninjauk

Thinking of heading there tomorrow, so good to hear it’s not too bad. Although when I did tank traps a couple of weeks ago it was by far and away the muddiest section of the whole place.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Was there earlier on the Fatty

Yes, it’s wet and muddy, but all rideable. The good news was that the car park was empty. Bleedin’ cold though

thepurist

All rideable maybe, but the revamped seagull link at the start of the red is getting battered – maybe better to drop out of red 1 and head straight along the fire road to the upper star post until it’s had a chance to dry out

Trimix
    Free Member

Did the Red yesterday. All fine, splash but Id not call it muddy. Not muddy like the Chilterns.

Sure, you need to wash your bike and kit, but its pretty good for this time of year to get a ride that’s not hampered by mud.

Off piste was even better. Grippy as hell and no puddles. Bloody cold thought, it started to snow halfway round.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yawn…Swinley conditions’ is closed to new replies.