Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XTR or XO on my Ti Genesis Altitude
  • audicoupedave
    Free Member

Chaps can't decide what to put my new
    Ti altitude frame set, keen to here what peoples
    general opinions are, I have an xo rear and x9 shifters
    already but feel it may need some pimp carbon
    XTR coolness on what do you think guys?
    cheers all

c_klein87

just got carbon x.0 mech and x.9 shifter on mine, the 1×9 works well on it so far as well

mafiafish
    Free Member

sram are cranking out some awesome looking gear at the moment even the x7 stuff looks great. A lot of the DH crew are using X0 and people like Brian Lopes are ditching shimano, surely for a reason? I much prefer my x9 not my old xt stuff.

iain1775
    Free Member

sram all the way

mudmonster
    Free Member

acera x 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Have X.0 and have discovered that the rear shifter only has a life of about 18months, which, at €100 a pop, isn't funny. I'm waiting for the third one to come through now.
    I would seriously be looking at XTR for the next bike.

and people like Brian Lopes are ditching shimano, surely for a reason?

Because someone else is paying him more???

NZCol

XX really is where its at for complete pimp and actually works incredibly well and seems to be quite hard wearing from my racing friend who uses her XX equipped bikes all the time. It looks lovely.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Liek many in the DH world I use X9 shifters and mechs for my DH rig. Why put XO on why you are very likely to snap the mech off.

I use XT and XTR of my trial and 4X bike.

The reason for the XT and XTR on the trail bike is that the rapidfire shifters have two way release which personally I prefer for trail riding. Plus you can grab more then one gear at a time.
    I use sram on my DH rig because teh down shift button is one gear at a time only and the upshift is easy to get just one gear.

njee20
    Free Member

XX

Although I'd dispute the hard wearing, my jockey wheels got trashed in one race, and the cassette is showing some lovely burring.

Not any less durable than XTR/X.0, but doesn't seem to be any more so either.

Either way, don't buy X.0 or XTR yet, wait for the new groups. Talking of which, have we done this photo yet:

audicoupedave
    Free Member

Chaps i have decided to build it up with the X0 and X9 that i have at the mo then as soon as its out she will be
    getting the new XO in blue!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XTR or XO on my Ti Genesis Altitude’ is closed to new replies.