Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT 11 speed mech and shifter on X01 cassette?
  • sam_underhill

I think the XTR stuff works on sram 11 speed cassettes. Does it therefore follow that an M8000 long cage mech and shifter will work with a 10-42 X01 cassette.
    More over, will it work well, or feel like a bodge?

I need to sort our my spares bank, there’s too much different kit for different bikes.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Running this setup, working perfectly, doesn’t feel like a bodge in the slightest. Run it through some pretty manky conditions too and still kept running perfect.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

BTW it’s medium you want, not long cage.

sam_underhill

ah… even better spare parts harminisation. I thought the medium cage wouldn’t fit the 42T (but perhaps it only works with the 42t when used with a 1x system).

Perfect. I feel a plan coming on. ta.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Long cage is for the triple M8000, supposedly. I’ll double check mine at home tonight to be sure, but on paper that’s what should fit.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

medium cage XTR mech on 10-42 Sram cassette (1×11). Works a treat.

Although the clutch on the XTR mech gave up too soon for my liking, and it has developed some play in the bushings, so not that impressive. Gonna go XT next time.

andylc
    Free Member

Just finished setting up XTR on SRAM 10-42. Early impressions are shifting equal to or slightly crisper than XX1. Like the double down shifting. Was getting intermittent jumping with XX1 but I did discover when changing them over that my XX1 rear mech attachment bolt was slightly loose!
    XTR mech is nice shape in that it really doesn’t stick out much at all.

Murray

Does it work the other way round ie SRAM shifter with Shimano cassette?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT 11 speed mech and shifter on X01 cassette?’ is closed to new replies.