• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • X Fusion Slant Lower service
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Has anyone had a go at doing a lower service on these forks themselves, the how to video says to use a RL2 damper removal tool, is this needed, ff so where do you get one from?

Cheers

Dan
    Free Member

there is also a DL2 service pdf that shows locking out the damper allows the nut to be put back on without the tool, it would be good if other folks chip-in if they have done this.

sprocker
    Free Member

Done the lower service no special tools needed, did the travel adjust to which just needed some circlip pliers

conkers
    Free Member

Same here no special tools adjusting travel on an RL2. I slackened off the foot nut about 5mm and tapped the socket on the foot nut to release it. I didn’t lockout the damper but I will next time thanks for that tip. The damper rod lined up with the lower for me so I just put the foot nut back on and tightened up. It was all quite painless.
    On a side note does any one know if the SKF seals for a fox 34 will fit the slant?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Cool cheers for feedback chaps looks a nice simple procedure just like my old lyriks

Dan
    Free Member

so I can see why the tool is useful; when replacing the lowers not a lot of thread pops through (the tool grabs a lot more of it) and there is a risk of stripping the thread on the damping rod.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Slant Lower service’ is closed to new replies.