Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 263 total)
  • WTF – Naked rambler jailed for 5 months?
  • whatgoesup

Whilst thieving scrotes and worse seem to be let off with a caution left right and centre?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-19585483

<rant over – will try and stop sounding like the Daily Mail now>

chiefgrooveguru

It’s been going on for years – he’s almost constantly locked up!

bencooper
    Free Member

I dunno. I’m really split on this one. On one hand he should have the right to stroll about in the buff if he likes. On the other hand he was doing it near a children’s playground and refused to cover up or move away. Not sure prison is the right place for him, perhaps somewhere he can get the help he seems to need.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druidh
    Free Member

What happened last time he was released?

Stephen Gough, 53, was seen walking unclothed near a children’s play park in Dunfermline, Fife, on 20 July.

He has refused to let them assess his mental state.

bencooper
    Free Member

He has refused to let them assess his mental state.

That’s a Catch 22 in itself…

druidh
    Free Member

🙂

duckman

Although, his mental state is becoming glaringly obvious up here.Still,look on the bright side; no prison issue clothes will be damaged or torn if his cell mate “gets lonely” one night.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A bit like some of the recently departed from here. If you don’t know when to stop trying to make a point. Even when they ask nicely…..

druidh
    Free Member

He is kept in solitary 😐

zimbo
    Free Member

he can get the help he seems to need.

Why does he need “help” because he likes not wearing clothes? Just because you’re different to most people, doesn’t make you mentally ill. We should have better things to worry about, and adults shouldn’t be traumatised, supposedly on kids’ behalves, by non-sexual nudity.

druidh
    Free Member

zokes
    Free Member

zimbo +1

ads678

Why does he need “help” because he likes not wearing clothes? Just because you’re different to most people, doesn’t make you mentally ill. We should have better things to worry about, and adults shouldn’t be traumatised, supposedly on kids’ behalves, by non-sexual nudity.

Theres making a point, then theres exposing yourself to children.

One is ok generally, the other is not, ever!

tyres

zimbo +1

binners

You’d think that by now he’d have got the fairly simple message though

nobody wants to see your cock

soobalias
    Free Member

exposing yourself to children!

get a grip, or were you recently outraged to discover that prince harry is also a naked human when his clothes are removed.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Stephen Gough, 53, was seen walking unclothed near a children’s play park in Dunfermline, Fife, on 20 July.

I may be reading too much into those particular lines, but the BBC appears to imply there’s a paedo angle when there isn’t one.
    Sounds to me like the guy is a bit left of centre and has some ideas / beliefs that conflict with “the norm”, but isnt actually a threat to anyone.

duckman

Fair point Binners,well made. A little bit indelicate use of the language…

Stop press; it would seem that zokes and zimbo DO want to see his cock!

ads678

I don’t remember Prince Harry hanging around at a kids play area in Las Vegas.

I’ve no problem with him wandering around naked but just don’t do it near a bloody kids park. I’m suprised he didn’t get a kicking.

duckman

bigyinn – Member
    but isnt actually a threat to anyone.

Aye; until he brushes up against you on a busy street. 😛

zokes
    Free Member

Theres making a point, then theres exposing yourself to children.

There’s a bit of a difference between wearing a dirty mackintosh and deliberately flashing at kids, and being naked ambling around.

One’s aiming to shock / derive perverse pleasure, the other’s just ambling around without any clothes on. Or is it that noone can breathe near children for fear of being branded a paedo?

sweepy
    Free Member

He’s obviously not quite right, more for his stubbornness than the nakedness itself. But the amount of time he’s spent in nick is vastly disproportionate to any harm he may have done. They cant even seem to charge him for what they object to, only for that old ‘Breach of the peace’ chestnut.
    Society needs to be the bigger person here and just let him get on with his life.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Zimbo +1

I met a naked rambler coming down from sprinkling tarn on my D of E expedition when I was 15. I was just amused and if anything thought good on the guy for just doing what he wanted. Wasn’t hurting anyone in doing so, so I had no problem. To be honest, if I’d have had kids with me I don’t think I’d have seen it a too much of an issue either – we’re all the same in the end.

hels
    Free Member

Bit of a tactical error by the Police. Next time he gets out, they should release him in Edinburgh at the start of the Fringe Festival. He will have at least a month of freedom before anybody notices him.

ads678

If he was asked to cover him self up near kids and he rufused then he’s a ****t.

If you knew me, you’d know I am not adverse to taking my clothes off myself. But there are limits.

I assume you don’t have kids your self zokes?

zokes
    Free Member

And there’s duckman with the ad hominem again because someone disagrees with his pov.

How’s about you challenge the argument for a change, rather than the poster?

Yes, to ‘normal’ people wandering around naked may seem odd, but it’s hardly doing anyone any harm. That British society gets so het up about someone being naked is quite saddening, actually.

I assume you don’t have kids your self zokes?

And this has to do with what, precisely?

druidh
    Free Member

Or he does.

The bit I can’t understand is that he has children and, through the consequences of his actions, hasn’t seen them for years.

franksinatra

He is commiting a crime, keeps doing so and is offending a lot of people.

Keep him locked up until he agrees to wear clothes in public.

No sympathy for him, at all.

sweepy
    Free Member

Thats what I mean Druidh, he obviously isn’t able to back down on this for whatever reason, it’s just not right to bang him up this long for what he’s doing.

zokes
    Free Member

Or he does.

He’s happily getting on with his life, at least he was until society picked on him for being different.

Why is British society so scared of a naked human?

He is commiting a crime, keeps doing so and is offending a lot of people.

How does one become offended by the sight of another human in the buff?

ransos
    Free Member

Still,look on the bright side; no prison issue clothes will be damaged or torn if his cell mate “gets lonely” one night.

Oooh, is that a reference to male rape? You’re hilarious.

ads678

[/quote]And this has to do with what, precisely?

You’re attitude to having grown men hanging around at kids play areas with their cocks out!

I’d just like to say i’m not saying this guy is a peado or owt, but he does need to learn some boundaries.

zokes
    Free Member

he does need to learn some boundaries.

And a lot more people need to learn some tolerance.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

I understand and respect his point of view, but I can’t help thinking he’s a bit of an idiot for continually giving up his liberty to make a point about ‘personal freedom’.

I don’t think prison is helping in this situation at all really.

I do wonder about the practicalities when he’s out and about, and encounters obstacles such as scratchy bushes, barbed wire fences etc. And he goes around naked in Scotland? Tahiti or somehwere hot, I could understand. Brave man.

druidh
    Free Member

Passing sentence, Sheriff Williamson told him: “You were indulged by the authorities and the police.

“I understand you to have left prison some time before your arrest.

“Police officers told you that if you carried on your journey you would pass a playground occupied by children.

“You were given three options: one to change direction, two to cover your private parts, or three to enter the police van, who would then take you round the play park, release you and allow you on your way.

“Despite that, you refused. That shows a degree of arrogance and disregard for other members of the public, in particular children, who have a right not to be confronted by naked men.”

29erKeith
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is what on earth is he carrying around with him in that bag? There certainly aren’t many if any clothes in there 🙄

sweepy
    Free Member

I believe he wears boots and a hat, Pansy 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

in particular children, who have a right not to be confronted by naked men

Was he going to “confront” these children, or was he simply going to walk past them?

druidh
    Free Member

There has to be something wrong with his mental state if he is prepared to walk around Scotland, naked, in peak midge season.

Pigface
    Free Member

Good God I agree with herr zokes.

If it was a woman walking naked “near” to a childs playground would they be jailed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 263 total)

The topic ‘WTF – Naked rambler jailed for 5 months?’ is closed to new replies.