Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WTB Bronson TCS tyres has anybody here tried them ?
  • Whyte1
    Free Member

I’m after a new front tyre as my minion burped in a crash a couple of weeks ago and is now buckled , most of my riding is in the N Wales trail centres so i need tough tyre that doesn’t cut too easily .

ART

Observer rather than user perspective here. View to date is that they are pretty tough (have been used on rocky trails), seals are good, but be warned they size up BIG if you have any clearance issues.

honourablegeorge

Have heard at least one person rave about them.

hepstanton

Been running them since last summer – easiest sealing/set up I’ve tried (using the WTB TCS rims). Not had a single issue since fitting them. Great grip on pretty much all types of terrain/weather and roll surprisingly fast for how they look. Wear down a bit but grippy so guess that goes hand in hand. 2.1 is about same as a Maxxis High Roller 2.3.

guitarhero
    Free Member

are you running them front and rear hepstanton?
    I’ve had one on the front of my Orange Alpine since late spring and it has been faultless.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Just had one fitted on the front (2.3) and a wolverine (2.1) on the back. Only done one ride to date on damp roots and tyre held very well – easily the same as the Minion. Have heard only good news about these tyres.

Jury is out on the wolverine though – it was purchased with dry trails in mind and did struggle somewhat on the roots.

I didn’t fit them butI have heard that they are easier to fit than other tubeless tires.

Whyte1
    Free Member

That’s sorted 2.1 on the way
    Cheers people

matt23
    Free Member

2.1 on front and 2.3 rear running on Easton havens and wheels have performed flawlessly….excellent purchase and easy to set up!

honourablegeorge

Why the small front tyre and large rear?

matt23
    Free Member

Sorry wrong way round 2.3 front 2.1 rear my bad 🙁

Whyte1
    Free Member

Have tried the 2.1 and it seems grippy and fast rolling though a bit small , so might keep it for my summer front tyre to go with a semi slick rear for a fast combo

whytetrash

Take more than that to make you fast! 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WTB Bronson TCS tyres has anybody here tried them ?’ is closed to new replies.