• This topic has 69 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by P20.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Would you ride a electric bicycle?
  • johnners
    Free Member

If it was that or no riding, then yes, for sure. Otherwise no.

juan
    Free Member

Well I wouldn’t mind, but the thought of TJ telling me how wrong it is because the electricity used to propel the bike is made from nuclear or oil plant bla bla bla bla is just too much to bear.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Probably not from me.
    I’d have one with a proper engine in, not an electric one 😉

brokensoul
    Free Member

Yes.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Yes why not,outside enjoying nature and having fun whats not to enjoy if it enables you to ride with your mates even better.

Duggan

I wouldn’t to be honest. Seems unnatural to me.

But I mainly ride just to keep fit, if it wasn’t good for you, I wouldn’t do it. I just find it more enjoyable than the gym really, so would be pointless for me.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

deffo yes

my friend rides one for leisure/commuting

tomhoward

Yarp

stanfree
    Free Member

Yip , I broke my collar bone last tuesday and 5 days off my bike and Im climbing the walls . So the thought of no biking unless I used an electric bike would be an easy decision.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Yes!

Imagine how fast you could go on an electric racing bike for the daily commute. Cars wouldn’t know what to do

druidh
    Free Member

Without hesitation.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Yes.

Ton, you’re a pathfinder for the rest of us. My bro is ten years older than me (I 51, he 62), and after a lifetime of hyper-fitness he too has AF (and a host of other probs). I think that a load of us on this forum will be in the same boat before too long, and you’ll be the guru !

ourmaninthenorth

Yes

+1 what flapjack said. I’m 35 and on the path to AF (or may have it already – not fully determined). It’s inevitable I’ll end up the same way.

Do it.

GW
    Free Member

Yes

but only one like this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RKCo1xF4c&feature=fvst[/video]

pete68
    Free Member

Yes, better than nothing.wife has a giant escape for commuting . It’s electric assist,so you have to pedal, it just boosts your power.

mintimperial

Yes, absolutely, if I couldn’t enjoy riding under my own steam.

I had a funny experience with a ‘leccy bike the other week. I don’t see many bikes on my commute, it’s almost all cars round our way, so when I do see someone I generally try to catch them because it makes the ride home that little bit more interesting.

Anyway, I’m riding the last stretch home and I clock a fella in a builder’s high-viz jacket, he’s grey-haired, pretty heavy, and is riding what appears to be a BSO with knobblies and mudguards. I’ll catch him easy, I think to myself, but the realisation slowly dawns that I’m not reeling him in so I put the hammer down a bit. A mile and a half up the road and this old boy is still pottering along in front of me at about 15mph uphill into a headwind without breaking a sweat and I’m nearly killing myself to catch the bugger. I finally haul myself up to him just outside my village, and take a look at the guy to see how the hell he’s managed to hold me off for so long. And then I see it, a ruddy great battery behind the mudguards, and a massive hub-motor blasting him along while he gently pushes the cranks around and admires the view.

Fair play to him though – I think electric bikes are brilliant because anything that can get more people out of their petrol-powered idiot-tins and onto two wheels is fine by me. And if it enables people who love to ride to carry on riding then so much the better.

P20

I don’t know personally, I hope to never be in that situation. Given your previous threads I can understand why you’re asking.
    Cycling will always be what you want it to be, not what people, magazines or the industry tell you it should be. Wether it’s the fitness, scenery, challenge, the journey, etc, it should be what you want from it. If the electric bike allows you to do what you want with a hobby/exercise/interest that you love or enjoy, then why not?

llama

There are getting pretty popular where I live because it is all hills. Uphill some of them are pretty fast, faster that I normally want to go. But on the flat not so much as they are limited.

I would not bother with one, might as well use petrol, even a scooter would be more useful and not exactly uneconomical.

GW
    Free Member

Given your previous threads I can understand why you’re asking.

TBH I can’t really understand why you’re asking.
    You already have one Ton, just enjoy it and don’t GAF what anyone else thinks! 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

Squarewheels have a few epo’s in stock now. There’s around 5 electric bikes in the shop. Demo-able around the village if the weather is nice :O)

pitduck
    Free Member

Yes 8)

TiRed

Yes. Riding is such an important part of my life; travel, recreation, sport. I would not be willing to give it up.

On top of that, the crank driven bikes, such as your Kalkoff are superb. Of course they may have compromises on technical singletrack. But if it’s ride or not ride, no choice really.

On a related note, you may like to know that atob magazine is now available FREE to registered users. Nobody knows more about e-bikes

NonStopNun
    Free Member

Yes

binners

If its the difference between getting out on a bike or not? It’s a no brainer…..

*puts on best Louis Walsh, X factor voice*

a million percent yes 😀

jam-bo

Specialized turbo. Looks tidy.

Although I quite fancy one of those zero electric crossers.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes.

Tried one of the Trek ones a couple of years ago and it was great fun!

ton

Given your previous threads I can understand why you’re asking.
    TBH I can’t really understand why you’re asking.
    You already have one Ton, just enjoy it and don’t GAF what anyone else thinks!

mate, to be honest, i am just asking out of curiosity. on another forum i lurk on, everyone was asking why electric bikes are so unfashionable in the uk.
    i was just interested in other cyclists answers to the question.
    i love my kalkhoff, it has allowed me to do some rides that i would otherwise be unable to do.
    just need a proper offroad one to land now…….. 8)

Clover

It might just be because more people – or a greater cross section of the population – cycle on the continent so you have more people doing whatever it takes to get about on the continent (my mum, for instance, can’t keep up with my dad so a bit of assistance makes a family outing much less strung out – not to mention keeping up with the grandchildren).

Cyclists here tend to be super-enthusiastic about it and most of the rest of the population doesn’t get it at all. Super enthusiasts have strong ideas about what is cool – obviously when ton makes electric bikes cool, attitudes will change.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yes.

Actually I’m quite liking the look of the kona , so regardless of ability to ride a non electric bike I think I may be converted.

P20

i love my kalkhoff, it has allowed me to do some rides that i would otherwise be unable to do.
    Enough said

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Would you ride a electric bicycle?’ is closed to new replies.