Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • would you give up MTB if….
  • samuri
    Free Member

I’d just get insurance. That’s how it will be funded, and you’ll be paying that anyway. Your insurance will be a hell of a lot less than those people who smoke or can’t balance their input/output ratio.

Nipping in once a year to mend a broken wrist will cost them a billion pounds less than if you’re constantly getting diabetic drugs and having heart problems.

5lab

i’ve been to the alps without insurance (realised after day 1). Still rode, so I guess no

CountZero

Not always pleasures. A friend of mine was indulging whilst in the bath with such voracity, he snapped his banjo string.
    His mother heard him yelp, burst into the bathroom and fainted on the spot thinking he’d slashed his wrists.

Really struggling to stifle a real LOL!
    I gave up the struggle. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

People on low incomes will give up exercise and prefer to suffer the health consequences. Is this a Tory policy?

_tom_
    Free Member

In all the time I’ve been riding (started off bmxing about 7-8 years ago 😯 )I’ve only had two injuries/crashes serious enough to warrant a trip to A&E. So I’d probably take the risk.

hillsplease

I have been to hospital a few times. I’d insure if i had to pay, or not and pay as I went. Which works unti lyou break your back or do something truly horrendous. Insurance then. Have ridden with a broken elbow, fingers, thumb, concussion, etc. Wasn’t a fan of the grating bone and pitiful yelps it elicited.

donsimon
    Free Member

The last time I went to hospital for a riding related problem was about 2004/5 which means one of two things, I’m a mincer or I’m AWESOME. I see more tags calling me AWSOME than a mincer so I think the answer is quite clear.

MTFU and think what would Jens do?

Brown
    Free Member

He’d say “Shut up, legs!”

jonb
    Free Member

Insurance? No different if you go riding on a foriegn holiday surely.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

nope would carry on never had to go to hospital with a biking related accident mind you only had one semi serious bike accident and that was on a bmx landed funny and hard and bent my prince albert(not the bike) 😉 and there was no way i was going to hospital to get that sorted out waited for the swelling to go down and took it out with a pair of circlip pliers myself dead hard me(not really rolled around on the floor and cried like a girl when it happened). 😀

mboy
    Free Member

I see more tags calling me AWSOME than a mincer so I think the answer is quite clear.

It’s the lightweight hardtail and being able to deal with the masses of “braking bumps” at Llandegla that make you so awesome don! 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

There must be something. 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘would you give up MTB if….’ is closed to new replies.