Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Would you donate spern to a friend for IVF?
  • oblique
    Free Member

If you had a friend that asked you if you would consider donating sperm for them to use for IVF would you do it? Providing that you know they were in a committed long term relationship and knew they would be good parents.

Would it make a difference if you had not had children of your own yet?

Would it make a difference if the couple were both women?

This kind of came up with a friend lately and was wondering how it would make you feel and if you would do it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

why not? I waste enough of it, why stop someone else putting it to good use?

gonefishin
    Free Member

No I wouldn't and no friend should ever put anyone in that sort of position. I have several reasons that I'm not going to go into here, but I don't want to father a child that I have no hand in raising.

DrJ

Why IVF ?? Why not the real thing ? 🙂

the-muffin-man

Do you get to 'insert' the sperm yourself!?

And the real answer is – no I wouldn't.

nockmeister
    Free Member

NOPE…er since they discarded the right to anomymity

toys19
    Free Member

My first thought was yeah defo ego boost, but I can see gonefishin's point…

philconsequence
    Free Member

I don't want to father a child that I have no hand in raising.

they discarded the right to anomymity

2 big points that lead me to a "no" answer, but if it was someone i knew/loved asking i'd have to think long and hard and there's no way i could predict what i'd end up deciding.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yeh why not. I'd insist on making it naturally though.

"Oh, sorry. Did I not tell you I've had the snip?"

aracer
    Free Member

No way. Don't see a problem with anonymous donation, but it does make it rather more awkward when the child will actually know you.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Insist on a "quality test" of the sperm (blow job) then if approval is met, cut out the middle man and slam the meat direcly into the oven.

project
    Free Member

Possibly,but why couldnt they adopt, people buy second hand cars, houses etc, s whats wrong with previously owned kids,you also save 9 months of waiting.

ski
    Free Member

Depends on which friend asked me,

Some of my friends I would not trust with a pet, let alone kids!

tonyg2003

There are massive legal implications if you do this. I was at a series of lectures last week discussing the whole issue of non licensed gamete donation You should think very long on the subject and get some legal advice

Of course there is no legal implications for all 10 posts above just immaturity.

ski
    Free Member

You expect maturity here? 😯

MS
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member
    Insist on a "quality test" of the sperm (blow job) then if approval is met, cut out the middle man and slam the meat direcly into the oven.

You have hit the nail on the head!

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Oblique – why do they specifically want your sperm?

tonyg2003

"You expect maturity here?" no

ratherbeintobago

This bloke got his fingers burnt rather badly in a similar situation to the one you describe: link

Andy

headfirst
    Free Member

God I've had countless requests for my sperm at dinner parties over the years – it must be my good genes.

My standard reply: "the world can only handle one of me" 8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

Of course there is no legal implications for all 10 posts above just immaturity.

ummmm, where's the immaturity in my post?

headfirst
    Free Member

Oh come on phil,

long and hard

Yeah we get it 😉

tonyg2003

Sorry philconsequence I lost your post in amongst the "jokers"

philconsequence
    Free Member

headfirst…. well spotted, i did think i wonder if it'll cum across as a pun, but thought it would slip in under the radar and not be noticed.

tonyg2003, no need to apologise you big willy head!! *sticks tongue out and pulls a funny face*

leffeboy

NOPE…er since they discarded the right to anomymity

I might be wrong but I thought that donations could no longer be anonymous anyway. Is there not a requirement for children to be able to trace biological parents in the UK now?

oblique
    Free Member

thanks for that artical Andy.

Sounds like the law has changed since his situation to protect the non-parent status of the donor. Obviously i would properly check that out if i did anything.

It is as some of you have described, on the one have it is an awsome chance to help a friend that i would think would be an ace mum (also slight ego boost). On the other seeing a kid grow up that is on a genetic level like me and not be a parent.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

..father a child that I have no hand in raising.

but but…..!

convert

I think that's what he was referring to to Leffeboy.

The lack of anonymity would prevent me from donating both officially or otherwise.

As an aside, I'm quite good mates with these guys which was the other way around. Seems to be working very well for everyone involved at the moment – top parent's although I'm sure many would find the concept a little weird. They became sole legal parents to Will a couple of weeks ago – legal first.

gonefishin
    Free Member

ummmm, where's the immaturity in my post?

I'd be interested in knowing what part of my post rates as immature too.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Your 11 up fella

DickBarton

Assuming the friend is female I'd insist on making the donation to the spot myself…and hopefully get a fair few sh@gs out of it…

No issues from me…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Would you be able to use a photo of said woman friend, and her friend, whilst you were donating, to help things along?

kimbers

i would if
    a) i already had kids
    b) they were proper hot lesbians and would let me inseminate them the old fashioned way, both at the same time 😈

rs
    Free Member

Is there not a requirement for children to be able to trace biological parents in the UK now?

could they take you on holiday and you can knock the front doors in abroad? or does that still count?

iDave
    Free Member

i was once chased around a cottage on the isle of harris by a famous lesbian with a turkey baster, seeking a donation…

i declined to help out 😯

toys19
    Free Member

Charliemungus. well spotted.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not sure I like my perfectly valid opinion and response being dismissed as immaturity.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I tried to find out about donating sperm once.
    I was advised to wear a balaclava at all times and NEVER withdraw.

As it turned out, I'd been put through to the UVF by mistake.

CountZero

If you were asked by a friend to donate, then exactly how the f*c* does anonymity enter the picture? As it happens, around six years ago a good friend, who's single, asked me if I would donate for a course of IVF for her. I was somewhat surprised, as might be imagined, and I agreed. Sadly, for her anyway, she didn't get pregnant for a variety of reasons, and could only afford the one attempt. £5000 is a lot of money, and her hotel business wasn't big enough to allow her to go further. Would I donate again? To a friend who I've known for many years and am very fond of, yes, without hesitation.

nicko74

1) for some reason I read

Possibly,but why couldnt they adopt

as

Possibly,but why couldnt they adopt you

It really confused me

2) This thread is useless without pics
    3) Can we just combine this thread with odannyboy's above – just turn it into one giant 'should I donate man juice in any form to people I know' thread?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Would you donate spern to a friend for IVF?’ is closed to new replies.