Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Would you buy off pinkbike with bank transfer??
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi seen something on pinkbike it’s only £50 but the seller doesn’t have PayPal it’s bank transfer only the seller has sold quite a bit on pinkbike what do you reckon? Worth a punt? Advice most welcome, cheers

wwaswas

Can you afford to lose £50?

I’d take a punt for that much but it’s down to personal circumstances really.

philjunior
    Free Member

It would depend what sort of vibes I got from the seller tbh. I might, particularly as a £50 loss isn’t the end of the world and I wouldn’t really expect someone to set up paypal for a £50 sale, plus paypal is an expensive way to do it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lester
    Free Member

How long has been registered on pink bike, is he on here as well?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve bought 2/3 things from a seller on PB that trades a bit and only takes bank transfers, was a bit of an alarm bell at first, but he’s got a long history on there and the stuff was exactly as described.

jaylittle
    Free Member

There are a lot of good people on pinkbike. For peace of mind could you see if anybody on stw is local? Failing that as others have said if your happy to take a punt on £50 then go for it.

stennah
    Free Member

He’s been on there since Jan 2016 and has quite a few followers so I’m tempted to send the money

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

if he’s sold a lot of stuff Id be surprised if he didn’t have a paypal account

skids
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it, lot’s of people won’t use paypal in private deals because of the fees and the chance of getting scammed by the buyer

Northwind

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwiYNYlqJL0[/video]

thepodge
    Free Member

Yeah PayPal has shot it’s self in the foot a bit, as a seller I don’t want to be paying their high fees but buyers don’t want to be sending as gift

poah
    Free Member

I only accept bank transfer and never had any issue. I point it out in the advert so they prospective buyer knows it straight away. I;ve sold quite a few things on PB but I won’t buy or sell to someone with a poor history

mikedabear
    Free Member

I don’t want to be paying their high fees

A massive 2%

granny_ring

2%?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy off pinkbike with bank transfer??’ is closed to new replies.