Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Wot, more logging in ?? Again ??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

How terribly frustrating this is becoming …

Tut

Tut

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes. I also get frustrated when you log in 😛

fasthaggis

It’s only you bikebouy,everyone else logs in automatically 😛

sbob
    Free Member

It’s not logging in, it’s logging out.

You are attempting to log out of Singletrack Magazine

Do you really want to log out?

Of course I **** do you condescending prick, that’s why I clicked on “log out”.
    Do you think that I wouldn’t know the consequences of that click?
    Or are you suggesting I’m suffering from Parkinson’s or Huntington’s disease and am afflicted by involuntary movement?

It’s shit like that which stops me from subscribing.
    That and the adverts.
    I looked at STW from someone else’s computer once and could not believe the amount of shite plastered over the site.

Hint: if you need that many adverts to keep the site going, you’re doing it wrong.
    Much like the forum, which is only setup to work with a very small user base and would become unusable with a little more traffic.
    Someone in STW Towers needs to start thinking a little bigger, instead of trying to think for me when I’m trying to **** log out.

**** bell-whiffs.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 🙂

scotroutes

It’s shit like that which stops me from subscribing.
    That and the adverts

genuine lols

sbob
    Free Member

Perhaps you should have continued reading…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I continued reading and you appear to be quite angry

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bikebouy – perhaps there is a filter by device colour ? 😉

Mark

Much like the forum, which is only setup to work with a very small user base and would become unusable with a little more traffic.

With an average of 1.5 million users a month and 85% of that traffic residing in the forum, delivering between 8 and 9 million page impressions a month, I’d say you’ve not really hit the nail as much as your thumb.

STW is in the top 2% of websites globally. No really! STW ranks around 2100th of all UK based websites according to Alexa.com.

🙂

sbob
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member

I continued reading and you appear to be quite angry

Appearances can be deceiving, but if a conveyance of anger might help to remove the unnecessary extra click to log out, then so be it.

I’m very ecologically minded, hence my drive for efficiency and dislike of the unnecessary, in this case the superfluous logging out page.

I can appreciate that not everyone is the same, and if the people who run STW like to drive unnecessarily heavy, gas-guzzling vehicles whilst simultaneously combusting a small forest each day to heat their homes, then who am I to argue?

Selfish Clarksonite barstards.

😀

PiknMix
    Free Member

Not a whole extra click to log out! That’s just outrageous.

Jamie
    Free Member

No really! STW ranks around 2100th of all UK based websites according to Alexa.com.

…and yet the forum is a steam powered Frankenstein’s monster of a entity.

If you’re going to play with the big boys, shouldn’t you incorporate a whiff of modern forum functionality?

2011 cannot get here soon enough.

Mark

No Jamie. The forum is fine as far as we are concerned. Thanks for your continual input on the matter though 🙂
    We ARE the big boys – It’s the other smaller guys from big companies who have tried to buy us and what we do several times over the last two years. You may know of them.

We said no of course 🙂

nbt

Doesn’t happen for me mate, maybe it’s your browser not the site? Just logged in and out several times without that message

stilltortoise
    Free Member

modern forum functionality

Tell me more. What delights does a modern forum have? Serious question since I quite like this one compared to many I’ve stumbled across.

Mark

Selfish Clarksonite barstards.

I drive a Corsa 1.3 diesel 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Thanks for your continual input on the matter though

Well, as someone who knows people who pays your wages. I feel I have every right to comment on the slight delay in the roll out of the new forum* 8)

You may know of them.

Tesco?

Tell me more. What delights does a modern forum have? Serious question since I quite like this one compared to many I’ve stumbled across.

PM me for more info 😈

*THIS IS NOT SERIOUS. THIS IS A JOKE ON THE WHOLE FREELOADING THING. I REPEAT, IT’S NOT FOR REALZ, YO. NO FRONTIN’ OR GETTING ALL UP IN ONE’S GRILL INTENDED.

jambalaya
    Free Member

STW is in the top 2% of websites globally. No really! STW ranks around 2100th of all UK based websites according to Alexa.com.

That’s excellent, I am glad I have made a contribution to something positive. It may be my number 1 achievement of 2014 🙂

Mark

Jamie.. I pay my wages. You don’t know me and if you think you do know anyone who pays my wages then you have been mislead.
    What forum do you use more than this one?

scotroutes

TBH, I’m still trying to come to terms with the concept of logging out. Is this a sop to the plebs that can’t afford their own computer/smart device?

ThePinkster

Must admit I’ve found myself having to log in 2 or 3 times a day sometimes at the moment when going from one thread to another in the forum, or going to different articles from the front page.

Gets a little frustrating at times, to the point where I nearly end up doing some work instead 😯

sbob
    Free Member

nbt – Member

Doesn’t happen for me mate, maybe it’s your browser not the site? Just logged in and out several times without that message

Good call, but I’ve just checked with three different browsers and it still comes up.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Jamie.. I pay my wages. You don’t know me and if you think you do know anyone who pays my wages then you have been mislead.

I believe it is Mumsnet. 😀

sbob
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

TBH, I’m still trying to come to terms with the concept of logging out. Is this a sop to the plebs that can’t afford their own computer/smart device?

Yes. 😀

Sort of.

scotroutes

I can certainly believe that mumsnet pay Marks wages. It’s all a ploy by the UKs wives to distract us while they go shopping.

sbob
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Jamie..

If you’re stuck, I’ve got over 2,000 to choose from. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Log out? why would you want to do that? My whole social life is contained here.

Yes it is sad

sbob
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy

I drive a Corsa 1.3 diesel

…and by the power of molgrips vested in me, I can confidently declare your car as overweight. 😉

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I believe Mark and Chips are the MTB equvilent of clarkson and hammond, (over)paid just to dick about on bikes, visit exotic places, politically incorrect…… 😉

sbob
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Log out? why would you want to do that?

As scotroutes pointed out, I am sharing a device.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Tis a much much much much nicer site without the ads. I’d forgotten how much so. I appreciate the need to generate revenue clashes with a reduction in ads so will be contemplating Premier when the free membership runs out so you could say that’s worked……

The back button is still only semi functional at best for me in Firefox but you can’t have everything…. (it’s the only site I visit with this issue tho!)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Since my sub ran out as the card it was on expired Ive seen the adverts properly for the first time in years.

Whilst there’s not too many, it must be something to do with them that causes the pages to load so slowly and sometimes just render as an uninteligable mess on a mobile. Im not against the adds, or the way they show up, but something on the site needs an overhaul. Rather than making me want to subscribe again Im actualy just not logging in as much and its probably made me realise that 90% of threads are whiney cockbagishness, and its not even entertaining cockbagishness like it was before TJ, TSY, Padded Fred etc were purged.

Cougar

As scotroutes pointed out, I am sharing a device.

With someone you don’t trust?

The back button is still only semi functional at best for me in Firefox

Even with the ads disabled in your account settings?

deepreddave
    Free Member

Cougar – yep. Just right click on the back button and select out of habit now 🙂

Sandwich

I’m assuming our resident grumpy missed a smiley from his I pay my wages statement. (Or he has his own oil well/gold/diamond mine to fund STW).
    The people who buy our services at work pay my wages, I remind myself of this every time I put the phone down after a trying time with a client. Then I kick the dog 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You think he’s got time to use another forum? He spends all his waking hours on this one….!

This sort of thing came up in conversation on a ride (Yes, a ride, remember those, some of us have time for that sort of nonsense) today with 3 other STWers. We cannot fathom how certain people seem to spend so much time on here, at all hours, on virtually every thread. It’s quite sad/astonishing* really 🙂

*delete as applicable

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The people who buy our services at work pay my wages,

That’s a great business model. In mist, wages are a fixed cost paid by owners/shareholders. The revenue earned minus variable costs is a contribution towards covering them but it does not pay for them.

If no one bought your services who would pay the wages (in the short term)?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well blow me it might actually be “log in by device colour” 😆

That colour being Gold in that instance, but this ere’ fing is silver underneath it’s cloak of mid grey rubber, perhaps I should go buy an iPad in Gold too.. 😆

Nope, I’ll stick with this ancient rumble tech.

Can’t honestly say I’ve ever tried to log out, no actually I did once to change my password when we were told to last year IIRC, all the other times I’ve been quite unceremoniously booted out and had to unlock the chains, lower the drawbridge, dodge the buckets of boiling oil, scuttle under a tarpaulin to save getting covered in feathers to find yet another set of gates and all the locals inside the fortress flicking the V’s at me and calling me names.

Not very friendly I have to admit, but I’ve got no one else to play with and I’m not turning back now I’ve cleared the moat with the Sharks in am I…

Nope.

Let me back in you heathens 😛

Sandwich

THM I would be unemployed. Fixed costs are paid by the customer as part of the fee they pay us. I get to use the pricing model at work and that’s how the client price is calculated. My wage is apportioned within the calculation. No fee no wages. I have other hairs you may wish to split.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As I said great business model.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Wot, more logging in ?? Again ??’ is closed to new replies.