Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Worth complaining or should I not expect anything more from the NHS?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If it was offered by your employer ernie I’m sure you’d turn it down hey??

I can’t see how that has anything to do with it. It is clearly neither fair nor right that healthcare should in anyway be dependent on ability to pay. If I was offered private healthcare by my employer it wouldn’t suddenly become “acceptable”.

I am entitled as anyone else to jump the queue for medical treatment if I have the means at my disposal. Why would you expect me to leave it to others ffs ?

It’s still a shite state of affairs for an advanced society to allow, and encourage, that sought of crap to happen. And I would never agree that it is morally acceptable, whether or not I personally benefit from it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So you’d turn it down??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So you’d turn it down??

My answer could not have been any clearer. Read it again, specially the second paragraph. If you still can’t figure it out, then I fear you might never know.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Could you just answer yes or no?? As you feared I’m struggling.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

By the same token wrightyson, if you had cancer or a heart attack, or something else that the private companies don’t actually deal with in the UK, I suspect you might still be quite glad to fall back on the NHS.

Try not to feel too smug about your private health care. You haven’t bought immortality, or even a guarantee of good health, just the chance to get a hernia or a prolapsed disk or something like that sorted out quickly so you can get back to work without your employers losing too much money!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh **** off, why am I being smug! I’ve only ever “needed” the hospital once other than being born and they let me down badly!! Yes it was a knee injury where I couldn’t move my leg and I went down, was just like the op diagnosed incorrectly and told that’s all we can do till you get on the MRI which will be six weeks minimum!! I couldn’t wait that time and went private, not through smugness, just through sheer I’ve got to get back to work or my family will suffer!!

BigJohn

It’s odd that most people who have a car, when told “it’s your clutch, and you should change the flywheel too, that’s going to be £1500” say “Oh well, can’t do without the car” and cough up with hardly a grumble.

If it’s a bit of their body however, it’s “I’m not bloody paying, I’ll put my life on hold for 8 months”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

can you clarify for me that you now understand why you pay tax on it [ it is a payment in kind] and you no longer feel aggrieved about paying tax on earnings.
    Ernies [very honest] answer is yes i might but that would not make it right

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Worth complaining or should I not expect anything more from the NHS?’ is closed to new replies.