Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Worlds over populated, do we need a to downsize a bit….
  • mattymer
    Free Member

was drivin my truck today and sat in more commuter traffic than usual when i decided we need a reduction in global population, that way us cyclists and truckers could get about a bit quicker and safer….

so i was thinking the criteria for your elimination is your house number,

Evens live, odds die and help the survival of mankind.

what does the STW massive think????

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That's fine with me. Having a house number is very non-U.
    8)

rs
    Free Member

you should need a licence to breed!

mattymer
    Free Member

i live at 76 by the way.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

then you would only have people living down one side of any street. This kind of imbalance of weight distribution would almost certainly send the earth spinning off its axis and out into the vast unknown space we call the universe… apart from that, good idea. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Set a simple IQ datum of 2010=100, cull all those below 150 and re set the index.

Do this every 10 years 😉

Of course, if you're more fatalist than elitist then substitute IQ<150 with IQ=odd for that frisson of randomness 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Stoner – that sounds like a receipt for hell on earth……..can you imagine a world full of people who thought they were really "clever" ? 😐

On the plus side, by your criteria, I would have departed in the first cull 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Less people would mean less stuff needing moving around – you'd be out of a job in no time 😉

DaveGr
    Free Member

What if you own two houses? One odd number and the other even?

Hang on, cull everyone in odd. Tell remaining people to pick what house they now want to live in and that next year the even numbers will be culled. Introduce a bit of "intelligence" to it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

One day, all the oil and gas and uranium and available farmland and forests and seafood and rainwater will be gone.

Only relatively narrow lattitudes of land somewhere towards the present poles in the Northern and Southern hemispheres will have habitable temperatures.

Sooner or later, the Yellowstone caldera (blows once every 60,000 years. Last estimated eruption, 60,000 years ago) or another geological feature just like it is going to go kerblam, triggering the next E.L.E.

We don't need to worry about reducing the population. It's going to happen anyway.

We're all, you know… 8)

epicyclo

Free Toyotas for Neds and Chavs should do it…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Less people would mean less stuff needing moving around – you'd be out of a job in no time

Maybe "truck" is a fancy user-friendly term he uses for his hearse 💡

alwyn
    Free Member

The bankers and I will survive, all the really posh people have house names!

alpin
    Free Member

rs – Member

you should need a licence to breed!

agreed, but what are the criteria….?

the best thing you can do is not have kids. that or limit everyone to one child and those unable to have kids; tough titties….

brakes
    Free Member

I think they should just turn the leccy off for a year and see what happens

tazzymtb

we need lots of young uns to keep industry going. it's the increasing grey tide that is problem, retiring early and living longer as a consumer with no positive contribution. max age of 60 after you're dog food and any acrued wealth is re-distributed to the needy. Let everyone smoke and drink as well and the increased tax will provide more money and people will die earlier therefore giving an optimum tax/per year return.

problem solved 😀

westkipper
    Free Member

You do realise, of course, that the world isn't actually overpopulated. Far from it, Its only overpopulated with rich, resource-grabbing western-lifestyle consumers. Get rid of those selfish radges and the Earth could happily sustain a very much higher population.

jackthedog
    Free Member

what does the STW massive think????

Fine by me. But let's change it to odds live, evens die.

Just to check, you still fine with that, Matt?

zokes
    Free Member

Fine by me. But let's change it to odds live, evens die.

I have now revised my opinion on the situation…

Olly
    Free Member

change the law, so MANY crimes, Rape, assualt, cause of death by ANY means (accident or not) and generally being a chavy tool, come with the death penalty as standard.

then remove ALL H&S bull. no guards on circular saws, no handrails on raised platforms etc.

let the population reduce itself?

OR

That or nuke anyone we dont like, and dont bother with justification.
    <insert your least favorite country here> smells funny, lets nuke em.

OR

Do it by car CO2 emmisions? :p
    the upper half get culled, us environmentaly sympathetic drivers and/or Cyclists without cars rule the world.

IdleJon

Stoner – Member
    Set a simple IQ datum of 2010=100, cull all those below 150 and re set the index.

Fantastic – a world of high intelligence but no common sense. Humans would be dead within 50 years because they'd all electocute themselves trying to fix their radiators.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Worlds over populated, do we need a to downsize a bit….’ is closed to new replies.