Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Works Angle Headset
  • duir
    Free Member

Can’t seem to get a response from Works but does anyone know if they do separate upper and lower cups? Their full headsets don’t seem to come in the one I need which is tapered ZS44/ZS56.

timmys

Can’t help but they didn’t respond to my enquiry either about a headset for 44mm head tube for tapered fork which they don’t list (eg. Top; ZS44/28.6, Bottom; EC44/40).

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

They are shocking at replying but do eventually if you hound them (yes keep onto them to essentially hand them your cash!).

I found posting on their Facebook worked a treat-probably don’t want the world knowing they didn’t reply.

I think it’s because they are crazy busy…doesn’t help in the long run though.

Good luck!

nickdavies

Have you called them? I’ve called the twice and spoken to them first time. Don’t think they’re that quick on the emails.

pastcaring
    Free Member
    v666ern
    Free Member

You found a telephone number?! STB you did better than me!

Sorry guys, really very busy here at the moment and have had quite a number more enquiries since the Pinkbike article about us a week ago…

We used to offer ‘custom’ headsets but in honesty most of these have now expanded into stock options.

ZS44/ ZS56-40 is not possible to make I am afraid as at least one bearing must be offset, there is just not enough room inside the headtube to allow for this so the usual arrangement is to make the upper cup external – EC44/ZS56.

Essentially, if it is not listed on our site now, it is likely we are unable to make such a headset.

The only headsets we are due to add in the near future are:

– 2.0 degree EC49 tapered
    – offset only headsets in 49mm (increase / decrease reach)
    – EC44 Tapered headsets.

I am doing my best to get back to people while keeping the machines going and shifting orders out of the door but it is difficult with just myself and a part time worker here – things are due to change but it wont be overnight so in the meantime all I can do is apologise if you feel like you have been ignored – Hopefully in the near future I will get some help, give you guys the service that is rightfully expected and get home a little earlier than 10pm…..

Thanks, Rick

v666ern
    Free Member

Can’t say fairer than that really.
    Personally would have liked someone to talk to when ordering, so I went to crc in then end, but fair play for taking time to reply on a forum. I doth my cap to you and will plan my purchases better in future and through you guys!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Hello Rick,

Do you have any options for the Cannondale 1.5″ headtube? Think it’s a slightly different diameter to normal 1.5″.

Thanks.

@v666ern – Sorry to hear you had to shop elsewhere, I know there are limited alternatives to our angle headsets and it can be tricky to choose the correct size so good communication is essential really…

@Paul – If somebody would be willing to send us a headset I would be more than happy to do a small run of these (If they use a headcup and the bearing is not drop-fit? – I cant remember off the top of my head)

Northwind

Sorry to be a pain but any idea of a street date for the 2 degree, 49mm headtube, tapered steerer doobrie? (also, is it going to be EC only or is there an IS49?)

By all means go to bed first, this isn’t urgent 😉

Hi Northwind

They just came back from anodising yesterday, will pop them on the site asap.

They are external lower cup only with either the zs49 upper or ec44 upper depending on your headtube type.

Thanks, Rick

Northwind

Groovy, ta, will keep watching. Pikey timey

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

@Paulrockliffe Cannondale headtubes are standard 1.5”. It’s the steerer tube on both Lefty forks and Headshock that is not standard. They are ever so slightly larger than most 1.5” steerers. For this reason you must use Cannondale headsets and stems.

However, if you plan to use a reducer headset or run non-cannondale 1.5” forks you will be fine with any 1.5” headset and Stem.

Depending on the frame a deep external lower cup may be required to stop the fork crown/adjusters hitting the downtube. On my Prophet MX i fitted a flush lower cup and the forks smacked the frame. It just cleared with a Hope external step down headset but it was tight- here the stock cannondale one was best- its 20mm stack so sorts the frame/fork problem easily. They also make it in a reducer headset to run ‘normal’ forks. Probably hard to get hold of now though.

Hope that helps!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

That’s interesting, especially if it’s correct. It doesn’t tally with my previous research though, but I’m happy to be corrected.

I was aware that the lefty steerer is a different size. I have normal 1.5 forks. Last time I checked the headtube was a slightly different size too. Will check again and measure mine.

Happy to post it off if it helps Works make me an angleset.

Thanks all.

@YETIboyJAY – I think many of the current Jeckyl range uses a 50.8mm drop in lower bearing which is not standard – It looks like this would make converting the frame to a push-fit headcup very difficult.

The old single-pivot Jeckyl was a standard ZS/EC49 headset.

duir
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies Rick, that’s my question answered.

The stuff I have bought from Works so far has been top quality and best of all made in Britain. Rick is essentially a one man band producing top quality stuff, yet his prices beat the mass produced stuff.

Keep up the good work(s) Rick!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Rick, my frame is a Jekyll. Would you like me to take some pictures and measure the headtube?

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Guys you probably are right. I assumed (wrongly) that current Caddy’s were the same as all the ones I’ve had (up to around 2009 age)

Good luck finding what you need

Northwind

Hi Rick, if you’re still reading, sorry to be a pain but any closer on the new tapered/2 degree headsets? Cash burning a hole in my pocket 😉

tedders
    Free Member

Hi Rick, Also been struggling to get a response from Works. I’m after a 104BCD 34T thick/thin in black. When are they likely to be in stock?

tedders
    Free Member

Query now resolved by Rick from Works via Facebook. Thanks!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Works Angle Headset’ is closed to new replies.