Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • women's cycle clothing advice pls (warning: bib long content)
  • PsiMonk

No, Psimonk's not crossdressing. This is his missus, looking for
    advice from women cyclists on a couple of bits of kit because I'm
    doing a 100k overnight road ride in June…
    1. Any recommendation of bib tights or non-bib tights gratefully
    received. I'm looking for something women-specific with a built-in
    chamois that is as comfy as poss on lady parts. What works for you?
    2. Likewise good women-specific baggies to go over the top. Either
    shorts or three-quarters. Any recommendations?
    3. Finally can anyone recommend (women-specific?) gloves that are well
    padded and super comfy for a long ride?
    Many thanks for any advice,
    Caramel

wwaswas

minx girl are pretty good on sizing etc advice and have a pretty good range.

trail_rat
    Free Member

missus gets on well with altura syncros

domino

Bib tights – I got some DHB womens bib tights and they are super comfy and fit really nicely. They are proper wintery ones and so have wide straps and cover your boobs also. I wear them with a base layer under so that loo stops are not too cold.
    Non- bib tights – I find Gore ones really comfortable, the pad is nice and the fit is good.

Baggies – Endura Singletracks are nice – Humvees are too baggy for my liking but the singletracks are nice and I like the leg venting, zip fly and pockets.

Best of luck.

Gloves – a difficult one, I have poor circulation in my hands so I am cold. I end up wearing my really thick Gore bike wear glove a lot, they are gore tex lined ones. If you get hot hands then I probably wouldn't recommend them.

aP
    Free Member

I'd suggest that you'd be better off with a decent pair of shorts, some leg warmers and forget the baggies if you're road riding. I'd suggest either sportful or assos for the leg warmers as they're made properly and will last a long time (and assos especially have a very good repair service).
    This will then give you a much more adapatable set of clothing for a ride that I assume starts warm, goes cold, then goes warm again.
    I assume also that this isn't what you want to hear.

MrsMoo
    Free Member

Bib tights – no idea sorry.

Baggy shorts – Sombrio make nice shorts, I've got the La Nina's and Drift, both very comfy and look good. They are quite expensive but you can get bargains if you look around on the internet. Also, Loeka shorts are really nice, I got a pair of the DH ones for my step-daughter from Ebay for 99p and was very impressed with them – wish I'd got some for myself! They are water resitant too and the fabric seems very tough and rip-resistatnt. I did try Endura Humvee but personally didn't get on with them, didn't really like the fit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Assos women's bibs are worth a look.

No idea if they're any good, but they are worth a look.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘women's cycle clothing advice pls (warning: bib long content)’ is closed to new replies.