Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • W.I.P. Cotic Soul Restoration Project
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Nice colour… :mrgreen:

Should really be called a ‘Re-Soul’ though. 😀

eddie11
    Free Member

aahhh they will be the right way up on the non drive side

still a nice colour btw

dukeduvet

well done mate, that is a great colour choice and looks great built up.

Enjoy!

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Have got bike back from the shop now so the brakes are bled and it’s ready to go.

Here are a couple of pics of the area where the dent has been repaired.

letmetalktomark

Credit where credits due that looks fantastic 8)

Looks factory fresh – that is if Cotic did a green.

I bet your chuffed 😛

I cannot see from the pics but did you go with a third TT cable guide?

tang
    Free Member

Great stuff. On my old soul I used an mpart stick on hose guide for the middle of the tt. Might have one knocking about in the spares box if you want it.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive comments. I’m really pleased with it. As you say it looks as good as new so I can’t complain.

I didn’t get the third hose guide. The bike shop put some small o rings around the hose either side of the guides to keep it tight between the guides so I’ve not noticed the hose slapping around too much yet. If it does start irritating me then the stick on guide could be the way to go.

Will post a few pics of it complete in the great outdoors and some daylight when I get the chance.

cy

That’s ace. So pleased to see a Soul refurbed and looking great. Love it.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Looks fantastic, photos outdoors sounds good. What BB have you got in it?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve got a shimano SLX BB in it.

Most of the kit on the bike came off my 2008 meta 5 frame and forks which I sold. The aim was to try and do the project for no more than I sold the frame and forks for.

I almost did it and would have done if I had kept the float 140s from the Meta but I just thought the revelations would be a better match due to them being adjustable. At the end of the day the whole project has probably balance out at me spending about £50 plus a bit to the bike shop to have the brakes bled.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

The finished product. Just need to get out and enjoy it now.

letmetalktomark

Almost snap …..

Loving the silver stem & seatpost 8)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Looks really nice. Good work 🙂

Drapoon
    Free Member

hope this image works!

I did a similar project a couple of years ago – still got my soul unfortunately I chose the Orange colour to match the sids then Cotic released an orange Soul a few months later!

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Love the green, great job.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I like the the new orange souls but yours looks great too, especially with the kit you have on it, those tyres look great. Looks to be a fair bit racier build than mine. I’ve got some SIDs on my singlespeed that might get swapped over if I ever feel like making a lighter build but for now the focus is purely on fun.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘W.I.P. Cotic Soul Restoration Project’ is closed to new replies.