Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 4,533 total)
  • Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.
  • duckman

As suggested by Flash;
    Our annual opportunity to indulge in baiting one another along regional/national AND international lines.
    Rules;
    1)I have tickets for Munster v Embra;you don’t 😛
    2)PLEASE no individual arguments lasting more than a page;it gets tedious.
    3)Ashton is,and always will be a Merchant Banker.
    4) A-A is,for the sake of this thread,allowed to pick fault with his home nations players and coaches even after they have won the slam without losing a try.
    5)It is ok to be a patriotic Irishman or Englishman even if you live in Bristol or OZ… 😉
    6) See 1 above.

So Prem; Sarries
    Rabo; Ulster
    Hiney; Leinster
    6N; Wales

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis

Oh and for the record I expect Wales to be shit this season as Howlers is in charge as Gatland is off on some Lions jolly.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Can’t wait for the season to get going. I have even splashed out some precious bike funds on a season ticket for Edinburgh…will see if that is wise or not. Would like to see them top 4 rabo and out the heine group and still playing the offloading game of last season.

Munster for the rabo
    Sarries for prem
    Am thinking a French team for Heineken

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m quite looking forward to the new season. Sale were a suprise last year after being dire for the last 6 seasons so i’m expecting/hoping they can build on that. Good new signings, a great new coach care of those farmers in Glaws 😛 and a new stadium thanks to the financial cock up of Salford City Reds.
    Pre season games quite encouraging with a good defeat of Glasgow and a draw with Leinster so lets see how they do today down in Exeter.

Can’t see past Sarries for the Prem at the moment but things change rapidly by November.

wrecker
    Free Member

Exeter for the prem, Bristol for the champ, glaws for the heine. It’s all about the SW this year. 😀
    Wales or eng for the 6n. Dunno.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So Prem; Sarries
    Rabo; Ulster
    Hiney; Leinster
    6N; Wales

All but the last one. Ireland to edge the 6N in a thriller

Oh, and Embra are OSSUM! 🙂 (it won’t be the same without TJ’s eternal optimism! If only there was a way to let him back to this thread only 🙂 )

anagallis_arvensis

Cant see Ulster or Embra winning the Rabble Bank they dont take it seriously enough as they will focus on the Larger Cup. The welsh teams will all be out of the Larger cup after the group stages so I expect one of them to win it. as usual the six nations will be between England and France © Dilly Dally, Brain Moore and Ian Robertson.

IdleJon

I’ve been persuaded to buy an Ospreys season ticket for the first time in a few years. They were doing a BOGOF offer, with free child seats as well, so my ticket cost me £82.50 for the Rabo, EC and LV games. But between myself and the ‘primary’ ticket holder we can take 4 kids as well. It works out at less than £2 per seat per game if we were to use every seat….

BUT, can the Ospreys produce rugby worth watching at less than £2 per game? Based on the pre-season game against Bath, and last nights performance against Treviso, I may have wasted my money! 😆

duckman

Based on the above post I have reported A-A for having 2 log ins.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys were shit. Did Tom Isaacs catch a ball all night?

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a problem here.

I do not know which Welsh club side to support!

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Ospreys were shit. Did Tom Isaacs catch a ball all night?

They really should try and find somewhere to train in heavy rain. I know it’s difficult to find somewhere like that in Wales……

duckman – Member
    Based on the above post I have reported A-A for having 2 log ins.

😛 I’ve got a very love-hate relationship with the Ospreys, probably best described as hate-hate-but-they-are-the-nearest-thing-to-to-a-1st-class-team-locally. And they are only 5 minutes walk away. And the season ticket was cheap.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I know its wrong, i know it reflects badly on me but i really dislike the Ospreys 🙁 I’ve met fans from Blues/Scarlets/Dragons and had a great time with all of them, but being spat at by Ospreys fans kinda puts a damper on wanting to have a drink with them. Now i always want them to do badly.

surfer
    Free Member

Exeter for the prem

Wont be sale!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

No, we’re getting absolutely thumped down there 🙁

Mind you, the Wasps/Quins game looks like a classic (avoiding spoilers)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sob! 😥

surfer
    Free Member

Saracens at home next week, Gulp…. 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooooh, Exeter! 🙂

Quins v Pests sounds a cracker!

duckman

Sheesh; how much is an espn monthly going to add to my already HUGE Sky bill?

anagallis_arvensis

Good new signings, a great new coach care of those farmers in Glaws

Best put muddydwarf on suicide watch!! That result give me hope that Welsh could avoid the drop…. till tomorrow when I’ll be back to mu pessimistic best!

Muke
    Free Member

Welsh might be safe me thinks …Too many changes @ Irish, gonna take a while to gel.

What about all this extra TMO referal, seems like the ref is seeing the replay himself on the big screen b4 the tmo has decided.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

People of the “All inclusive rugby thread”, I have a proposal to make.

Re-instate the Embra One, allowing him access to this thread only. Think of it as a Rehabilitation of Offenders Act for STW (Not sure if the hamsters would even allow single thread access, though!)

All those in favour, say “Aye”.

AYE!

🙂

anagallis_arvensis

och aye

anagallis_arvensis

scarlets scoring some great tries tonight on s4c

loum
    Free Member

Aye.
    Free the Embra One.
    Make this thread truly “All Inclusive”.

manitou
    Free Member

Egg chasing.. the most boring sport. In the World.

Pigface
    Free Member

Big man hug to Manitou 😆 don’t worry your pretty little head about it.

Dwarf are you ok? Deep breath or maybe some sweet tea, thats meant to be good for shock 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes bring back TJ he is part of the rugby family.

DezB
    Free Member

Scrum question! Haven’t seen any Premiership action, but on the NZ match this morning, the ref was doing: Crouch-Touch-Set.
    Is that the new method? Seemed to work. “pause…. Engage” was always crap anyway!

transapp
    Free Member

Some good games today. LI were truly, truly terrible. Saracens looked quite poor and thrashed them. Does not look good!
    Exeter, fair play. Sale, shocking (literally) Hairyquims and Wasps, very good match. Looked like a SH super 14 match. Bath / Worc, nothing really in it. Tomorrow Welsh look likly to take a stuffing, but no one is expecting anything better so perhaps with pressure off… (although I hope not, Tigers for some silverware this year please!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

You’ll all be pleased to hear that George North is still very big and very fast!!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 Gogzilla 😆

bruk

Aye to the Embra 1 returning for this thread. Was thinking on trying to get along to a few Sale games this year as a colleague often goes but not so sure now!

Moving house soon and already has a satellite dish so may finally get round to getting Sky/espn. Who gives best coverage?

Scamper
    Free Member

My son is 1 in two weeks and yet to see glaws win at home- he went to I think 4 matches last season and now today 😕

spudly1979
    Free Member

Bruk, the thing is that it’s a bit of a lose/lose situation. Both sky and ESPN do decent coverage of the rugby but the commentary…
    With ESPN you get Austin who can be insightful and in occasion bounces well off Ben Kay, but sometimes he’s plain awful and really really irritates me.
    With sky though, you get Stuart Barnes who quite simply is a cock.
    Of course, neither is as bad as the Itv combination of that tosser Craig Doyle and Martin bayfield. How anyone could land that job and know as little as Craig d is beyond me.

duckman

I think only sky have the lager cup mind. New scrum rule is designed to improve a un-reffable situation….It hasn’t….

Bring back the Edinburgh one! (Aye)

ijs445ra
    Free Member

The scrums at the Edinburgh match were worse than ever, first two did not even engage before free kicks were given. Ref got no help from his linesman when the stands could see the bind go and shoulder tuck under. Scrums are ruining the game at present.

Edinburgh should have won but too many mistakes, poor decisions at crucial times. Well done to Munster for being Munster and grinding out the win

loum
    Free Member

Predictions:

prem : Leicester
    rabo : Leinster
    HC : Leinster
    6N : Ireland

Aye

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 4,533 total)

The topic ‘Winters coming;all inclusive rugby thread.’ is closed to new replies.