Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wingnut Adventure? Or alternative rucksack?
  • toys19
    Free Member

I have a wingnut hyper 2.5, which is the smallest one. I really like the way it sits on your hips and does not move. So with a trip to Spain for some all mountain adventuring imminent, I think I need a bigger bag. So I am considering the Wingnut Adventure, is there anything better?

vondally
    Free Member

I have had both of the wingnuts, I have prolapsed discs in my neck and have struggled with rucsacs and the wingnuts were good but found that ergon bd1 with the old link and an osprey raptor 10 to be better for me.

toys19
    Free Member

cool thanks for info.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I have the wing nut and after having a serious car accident and a resulting back injury the wingnut is superb and even on 3-4hr rides have no backache

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have a Hyper 3.0 and a large Adventure-esque bag that doesn’t appear to be available anymore (it splits into three separate bags – Hyper 2.5 size ‘carrier’, 20+L main section and another top ‘mobile’ bag).

I’ve bike-packed, commuted and done ‘back country’ guiding rides in the Alps using it, including carrying pads. Previously I’ve owned Deuters, Karrimors, Dakines and Camelbaks, and the Wingnut is by far my favourite – the low-rider set-up makes a lot of sense to me.

One of the things that I really like is when riding steep stuff it doesn’t clout you round the back of the head. Little thing, big difference.

FWIW, Max at Roughrides is a great bloke too. 🙂

mactheknife

+1 for the Wingnut. i use the Enduro for all day mountain rides. There is so much room that its silly. I like the fact you can get into the side pockets and mesh pockets without taking the pack off.

Its pretty waterproof as well, i’m not sure what the material is thats its made of but its very hard wearing.

Bought a cheap 2nd hand Hyper 2.5 for local loops. Great small packs.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Camelbak Volt and Charge are similar (more weight centred lower in the back, around lumbar belt etc) I believe. Not used one, just repeating what I’ve read / heard.

E.g.

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/camelbaks/camelbaks-1/camelbak-summer-range/camelbak-charge-10-lr-2013-free-fresh-reservoir-filter-kit.html

Have Wingnuts myself, great packs.

toys19
    Free Member

Pimpy, I should have bought the MPS alpha when it was available…
    Anyway an adventure is coming my way, thanks for all the advice folks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wingnut Adventure? Or alternative rucksack?’ is closed to new replies.