Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Windy? It's worse than I thought!
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I now have more Oak and Beech rings than I have space for – time for another new wood store

Wood stores are a bit like the ideal number of bikes. n + 1.
    You can never have too many.

singletrackmind

The windows of the my neighbours got smashed by pebbles being picked up off the beach and flung into them .
    One house abit further along had 10 smashed windows , it was like a Schwartzneger filmset .
    The joys of living a ‘stones throw’ from the sea i guess .
    My neighbour reckoned for about a minute it blew a mini tornado as the air was filled with very fast moving fog / water vapour .
    My roof tiles were lifted and will need reseating at some point .

donsimon
    Free Member

singletrackmind – Member

The windows of the my neighbours got smashed by pebbles being picked up off the beach and flung into them .
    One house abit further along had 10 smashed windows , it was like a Schwartzneger filmset .
    The joys of living a ‘stones throw’ from the sea i guess .
    Where was that?

singletrackmind

The beautiful sub tropical Island of Hayling
    Portsmouth , Hampshire.

molgrips
    Free Member

That is to say every few thousand years, most if not all of the ancient cultures have legends of world storms and massive flooding

Yes but they knew f all about weather forecasting.

kaesae
    Free Member

A bit like us now then, this is normaly winter time 😉

CountZero

There was some amazing footage on the 6 o’clock news of a bridge flexing and twisting in the wind, and one of those big wheeled plastic dumpsters on its side being blown along a city street at around 20mph. A bloody scary thing to have come carreering towards you totally out of control.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Windy? It's worse than I thought!’ is closed to new replies.