Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Will Wiggo winning the tour change ….
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

the attitude of all those ignorant car drivers that I encounter most days when I am out on the bike?

jam-bo

Not unless your wearing yellow.

Markie
    Free Member

No, not really.

The one difference it could make is that people will start shouting ‘oi, bradley’ at you as they pass.

aracer
    Free Member

Oi – isn’t this a spoiler? What about all those people who’ve recorded the highlights for the whole tour and not watched them yet?

JoB
    Free Member

until about Tuesday

aP
    Free Member

No, and anyway I thought it was “Hoy, race you…”

flanagaj
    Free Member

Oi – isn’t this a spoiler? What about all those people who’ve recorded the highlights for the whole tour and not watched them yet?

Lol. Have you locked yourself away for the last 3 weeks?

mrmo
    Free Member

I wish it would, but i doubt it, it would be nice to think that cycling can go mainstream, but i doubt it.

ton

british people are very lazy, and british cyclist’s are a very very small proportion of the population.

it will just be the same as usual.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How can it be a spoiler when the race is still underway? It’s like saying that Alonso will win the drivers championship this year. That’s not a spoiler because its not over yet.

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s like saying that Alonso will win the drivers championship this year.

Bugger! I was going to put a fiver on him too! 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

How can it be a spoiler when the race is still underway? It’s like saying that Alonso will win the drivers championship this year. That’s not a spoiler because its not over yet.

What a great analogy. One event where the only remaining part of the race has never seen a change in the standings (and don’t go mentioning 1989 to me – tomorrow’s stage isn’t the same as that in 1989). One event which isn’t even halfway through.

You do realise that tomorrow is just a lap of honour for Wiggo?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

You do realise that tomorrow is just a lap of honour for Wiggo?

Now THAT’S a spoiler!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It was a TT, hardly spoilt it, he just saved you an hour watching some bloke ride a bike on flat roads.

As for the OP, same as happens every year, a marginal improvement for a few weeks (maybe longer due to the Olympics) then back to usual service.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, but then most on here drive cars too..

singlecrack
    Free Member

We live in hope…

IanW
    Free Member

No because most of them are Zombie Mo Fo’s who can’t read or write and if he didn’t wear a Chelsea shirt it didn’t happen, so the best way to end someone will still be by car/van/bus/truck.

On the other hand its a fantastic result and I particularly like the Jag following him todays TT as opposed to everyone else’s Skoda.

zinger
    Free Member

no , if anything you get more abuse from to**ers in cars shouting out the window as they go past you a hairs width from you and your bike, on a 56 mile ride today i was shouted at 6 times and nearly knocked off once

Road riding in england does suck – but at least its better than slogging though all the mud we have at the moment..

D0NK

no 🙁

edit if we are lucky this might lead to cycling going more mainstream and more cyclists, and more televised stuff and maybe more success so even more mainstream then when everyone and their dog does atleast a bit of cycling then drivers attitudes should change. Will take a while tho.

BTW is the last TT and final stage always on ITV1 or has the TDF just been promoted to the big time due to wiggins being in the no1 spot?

br
    Free Member

british people are very lazy

I think you’ll find that its people of all nationalities that are lazy, not just us Brits.

MoreCashThanDash

I rarely have problems with car drivers, and I don’t see that changing.

As a car driver, the main difference I’ve noticed is the number of Sky team jerseys being worn by the cyclists on the A6 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that its people of all nationalities that are lazy, not just us Brits.

I dunno, We’re pretty high up the obesity league table (and I doubt were a nation of big bones power lifters!)

MrSparkle

Hahahahaha! OP – Sheesh, you’re naiive!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Will Wiggo winning the tour change ….’ is closed to new replies.