Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Will there ever be a decent 27.2 dropper post?
  • njee20
    Free Member

I’m not remotely offended, I just find it strange the way you consistently present yourself as a self-aggrandising tool on here. I wonder if that’s how you are in everyday life.

+1 to that (particularly for use of self-aggrandising), and do you genuinely think you’re just ‘honest’ as opposed to aggressive GW? If so we can clearly add delusional to your glowing list of personality traits, particularly as I understand it’s exactly how you are in reality! There is absolutely no one I’d rather meet less on here, and I assure you it’s nothing to do with being offended by you!

I’m just shocked that you need a 9″ dropper post, I’d have thought you’d just ride everything on a road bike and still pwn everyone 🙄

Back OT, I suspect we’ll see a (continued) move away from 27.2 posts, but think it would be daft to say that no one will do a decent 27.2 dropper post. They’ll get smaller and lighter so their use will be become more prevalent, at which point the likelihood of 27.2mm ‘XC’ variants will be more likely.

JimSu
    Free Member

Well back to the thread!

I am delighted with my HiLo I have recently got for my Orange 5 . It drops enough to help in the terrain I am riding arround the Peak and if i go more down hill in the Alps as I do in the summer I can drop the whole post so it may be suboptimal for short ascemts but still more adjustable than last summer without it.

juan
    Free Member

They’ll get smaller and lighter so their use will be become more prevalent, at which point the likelihood of 27.2mm ‘XC’ variants will be more likely.

With riders such as Absalon (Julien not Remy), or Bailly-Maître doing enduros and using dropper seat post, I quite see it coming to the XC sooner that you expect.
    Basically it will only take one rider to win a WC race with one to see them being the new fashion.

mrbump
    Free Member

where is the best place to buy an hilo 27.5mm?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

4″ is a lot of drop IMO.

1-2″ drop works well for me on XC descents as it makes more room for a bit o pumping, soaking up bumps and tilting the bike through corners without getting caught up in the groin area, but I can still sit briefly and pedal hard if there is a flat bit.

4″ drop I find helpful on steep bits and rough trails because the bike really needs to move around a lot more.

njee20
    Free Member

Basically it will only take one rider to win a WC race with one to see them being the new fashion.

Whilst I agree with you on principal the way XC racing works just doesn’t lend itself to a downhill bias, none of the top riders are losing much time on the descents anyway, so don’t stand to gain much.

I think it’ll be more likely we’ll see them in the lower levels of racing first. I saw people using them at the Brass Monkeys enduros in January and December, and there was nothing technical in either. If there was less of a weight penalty and they did one to fit my bike I’d be interested to try one, and it’s naive to think they’ll not improve in the former in the coming years.

LoCo
    Free Member

Loco BM Racing team members were using them for specific events last year, notably the BC bike race, there’s a brilliant picture of Huw riding a steep techy bit with the eventual winner climbing down it behind him. 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Can this entire thread be added to the 1st World Problems thread? 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Can this entire thread be added to the 1st World Problems thread?

😆

juan
    Free Member

LOL

njee20
    Free Member

there’s a brilliant picture of Huw riding a steep techy bit with the eventual winner climbing down it behind him

Guess they’re not essential for stage racing yet then 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Will there ever be a decent 27.2 dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.