Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Wiggo injured by van driver
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Has it been done yet?

project
    Free Member

yep

carbon337
    Free Member

Have you ever seen a man knocked off a bike by an antelope?

Bet that hasn’t been done yet

carbon337
    Free Member

Or a quirky mickey take of a Rapha style video….

Surely that hasn’t been done either.

project
    Free Member

look under man down down the screen.

thekingisdead
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member
    carbon337
    Free Member

Veet on ya baals? No way man that’s some dodgy stuff going on.

ourmaninthenorth

Explains why the garage on that road was so busy when I was driving home tonight….

🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

^ because of a roaming Antelope?

onandon
    Free Member

Lifer
    Free Member

FENTON! OH JESUS CHRIST! FENTON!

project
    Free Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4632983/Bradley-Wiggins-cheats-death-by-a-whisker.html

and the real thing, hit by a woman driver of a vauxhall van it appears,12 police cars and his support crew following behind.

Bet the garage did well on refreshments.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Radio saying broken wrist and ribs? 🙁

GrahamS

BBC just say damaged ribs not life threatening:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/20246940

Jamie
    Free Member

Puntastic…

GrahamS

I did like The Sun vaguely hinting that it was his own silly fault for shaving off his “lucky sideburns” 😆

brooess
    Free Member

FFS!

Unfortunately, we kind of need news stories like this to raise the issue of the dangers faced by cyclists every day…

Taking out high profile cyclists like Wiggo, Cav, Chris Hoy etc is far more likely to make the news than you or I getting taken out, and as such allow CTC, BC etc to raise the risks of aggressive/dozy driving up the news agenda…

Best wishes to him, I hope he gets better soon as doesn’t impact his training

ourmaninthenorth

It’s not a nice bit of road at the best of times. I don’t know why he was (a) out in the dark (I usually see him in daylight) and (b) going that way, when he could have gone a slightly different route and avoided that road/combination of junctions and traffic.

GrahamS

Probably out looking for trouble. Bet he has a helmetcam. 😉

butcher

Probably out looking for trouble. Bet he has a helmetcam.

Aye, that Wiggo. I’ve seen his videos. Hooning about like he owns the place.

maccruiskeen

look under man down down the screen.

at least the OP of this thread put the topic of his tread in the title – helps to make it obvious whether its bin dun or not

nick1962
    Free Member

Women drivers and bloody cyclists shouldn’t be on our roads!

scraprider
    Free Member

hope its not to bad and that he will be ok.

jonba
    Free Member

See if he was a good rider he’d have been able to predict the accident and avoid it. Maybe slowing down past junctions and side roads would help. Accident are inevitable so I guess we should recommend staying off the road.

In all seriousness I was relieved to read the driver was unhurt and has not been arrested or charged.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

He was allegedly trying to get the KOM on that Strava segment.

wwaswas

Has it been established if he had a helmet on, yet?

trail_rat
    Free Member

wonder if he has had all the texts and phone calls from “injurylawyers4u” etc etc ….

ourmaninthenorth

[Quote]Has it been established if he had a helmet on, yet?[/quote]

I think it’s well established he’s a bit of a helmet….

carloz
    Free Member

I got taken out by a van and it sucked. Wish him all the best.

charliedontsurf

““I could see a pushbike, like a mountain bike, and the front wheel was all buckled.”

Was he really on a mountainbike?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Guardian says on MTB out to meet a group of locals!?

Anyone from here??

paulosoxo
    Free Member

franksinatra

hit by a woman driver of a vauxhall van it appears,12 police cars and his support crew following behind

Wow this is bad, being hit by so many vehicles.

Interesting to see the photo above, looks like crash investigators. Would they be there if it had been you or me who had been hit?

carbon337
    Free Member

Bet he was heading to Tescos. He seems to love Tescos. Whether its taking his kids there or talking about working there stocking shelves, he’s always on about the place

oldgit
    Free Member

Only just heard myself. Bit of a weird vibe on here about it?

Gary_C

Bit of a weird vibe on here about it?

Was thinking that myself.

Here’s hoping that Wiggo’s injuries aren’t too serious, & wishing him a speedy recovery.

lipseal
    Free Member

Heard he was on a MTB, I hope it’s ok.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I like the suggestion Wiggo has a mild obsession with Tesco, to the degree he’s popping down there on a MTB to get a few extra club card points.

charliedontsurf

This is good news, in a way. If you or I had been knocked off by a careless women pulling out of a petrol station, no one would ever know. This high profile “accident” during the week his book comes out and while he is (was) doing the tv and radio rounds, will highlight the very serious issue of **** **** who can’t be trusted to drive.

It’s not an accident, if you followed the rules, do everything you should do, don’t cut corners, you won’t pull out on cyclists.

Cars don’t kill cyclists – bloody idiots do.

I recall the lad who killed my friend got 200 hours community service. Meanwhile a man who shouted at the prime minister got 100 hours, it will be interesting to see what becomes of this… If anything.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Wiggo injured by van driver’ is closed to new replies.