Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Whyte T129s News 2014 Release brought forward due to demand..
  • jonnyb1972
    Free Member

This is copied from Whyte Facebook page, maybe old news but thought I would share.

Whyte Bikes
    7 May
    Morning…hope you managed a BH ride! T129-S news! We are hoping to take delivery of the 2014 T129-S in early July, having brought the production forward significantly due to demand. Please stay in contact with your local dealer who will have the specs and pricing by early July. We still have the T129 in several sizes, drop your local dealer a line for details. Thanks. Whyte UK

rOcKeTdOg

“Specs & pricing”

New stock of popular previously sold out bike price hike?

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I would say the fact it sold out so quick would justify a moderate price hike, If I was selling them I know I would. Or maybe a slight downgrade in spec. It will be interesting to see when its released in July.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    somouk
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes. I’m yet to find anywhere with one in a size L for me!

Northwind

The price was excellent before so a price rise would make sense from their point of view since they can’t meet supply, and would probably still be a good deal for the punter too.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I got leisure lakes last one in group around the end of March, so far its been very good. a tad light on the front end on very steep climbs, and I have a feeling I could do with stronger rims, but I’m quite heavy and I am ejoying riding through things instead of round them lol 🙂

b45her
    Free Member

the conspiracy theorist in me reads that as “their selling like hot cakes, quick phone Taiwan and tell them to paint them a different colour so we can say they are 2014 models and charge more”.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Im worried it might be better 🙁

z1ppy

Small company does good (with seemingly sorted frame), so tries to sell a few more units, fair bloody play to them!
    It’s given me an option to buy one, I hadn’t expected.

Personnaly surprised there no more 929 HT’s coming too, they seemingly sold out before they even hit the show room or had a glowing magazine review

boobly
    Free Member

2014 T-129 – apparently in three different variations – the basic, the T-129S and “the works” – pricing around £100 more than last year, apart from the new “Works” version which apparently has XTR componentry all the way through with Reverb seat post – at £2600 – £2700. – this is all unconfirmed – just what I have heard. Personally I have just ordered the Works version and cant wait the 6 weeks until I get it!!

jonba
    Free Member

just came across these the other day and they do look good.

I think they may include a higher end one as well. Scary as it is but £2k is mid range at most for this type of bike. If you look at other manufacturer prices (orange, santacruz, specialized, trek) then they all seem to have things in the 3k region as well. Hopefully they will put better bits on rather than just bumping the price of the 2k version.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I wonder what other components will have changed I bet they have e thru rear ends instead of maxle, as that’s what they sent to replace my slipping maxle

roverpig

Any chance of some more interesting colours?

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Just seen a brochure at my lbs!
    Colours are all three models are greyish, looks like it might be anodised. Different colour decals differ between models. For people who have a 2013 mode, the only real differences I can see are: reverb stealth, front derailleur cable internally routed (along with reverb), 750mm bars, shorter stems, wtb tyres instead of maxxis on t129s. Think that’s about it. Oh apart from the shock mount on the top tube not having solid plates like the 2013 model, has cut outs in each side. Personally I think the 2013 colours are better. There is a works model now though, good spec. Not sure on pricing though.

The 146 is dead, long live the g-150! 150mm 27.5 enduro bike. Looks pretty awesome.

mattjg
    Free Member

wider bars and shorter stems are a good move IMO, because that’s what I run on mine!

The 146 is dead, long live the g-150! 150mm 27.5 enduro bike. Looks pretty awesome.

that’s pretty interesting 4s

mattjg
    Free Member

what did the g-150 look like? a smaller T129 or a bigger 146? (or something else?)

rollsroyce
    Free Member

That’s going to be my next upgrade after my new rims. New brakes are being fitted today.
    Think they’re replacing the 146 with the t-129 works, g-150 and g-150 works. Colour schemes are all a bit dull though.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

G-150 looks more like t-129. Similar suspension layout. Alu frames, no carbon as far as I could see. There’s a new carbon m-109 though.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Lbs rode the g-150 which comes with a rockshox pike. Said the fork was brilliant. Super supple at the top of stroke. That’s the plan for my t-129s in the end, 140mm pike up front.

z1ppy

aarrrrgghhhh!
    Goddam, bloody 2014 bikes will be sold out before 2014 even arrives.

mattjg
    Free Member

t129 with 140mm forks dood that’s going to be a big bike!

I’m thinking of switching my T129 for a longe travel 650b trail bike anyhooo, the g-150 may just be my bag.

rollsroyce
    Free Member

I love how big my t-129 is. It’s a large too! I still run all the spacers under the stem so can lower the front if it gets too high. Think it’d be perfect for the riding I do up here in the lakes with a bigger fork on the front, little bit too noodley at the moment. Still great but stiffer longer fork would maximise the bikes downhill potential!

mattjg
    Free Member

Monster truck! [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFDcq55_dL0[/video]

Actually it makes sense for the riding you do, the stock build is a bit more trail centre weekend warrior IMO (fire road up, slabby flowy singletrack down).

rollsroyce
    Free Member

Haha, “monster trucks, monster trucks!”
    Yeh, it seems to get a little out of its depth on some of the descents I do. On flowy stuff it’s supreme. I will get it perfect one day though. Might wait till crc are banging the likes out discounted though.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Would love to hear how the 140mm fork works – that is on my list of upgrades too, though I was planning the X-Fusion (mainly as I hadn’t seen a 140mm 29er Pike as yet!)

I am also riding in the Lakes as it happens 😉

My thought was that I could pop some flat bars on to mitigate the 20mm rise in the front end anyway plus, as you, I have the spacers on there still as a bonus!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Whyte T129s News 2014 Release brought forward due to demand..’ is closed to new replies.