Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 206 total)
  • Why's no one buying my frame!?
  • MountainMutant
    Free Member

Selling my brand new Cover Hummer 650bj and getting no interest what so ever, even with over a third off new price!

Is it cos it’s a bit niche or just it’s an expensive item and someone will come along soon?

Frustrating as I need the funds to complete my new build 🙁

tomhoward

It’s too expensive.

hth.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s niche, and it’s too expensive. Quite a few examples on here of ti frames failing, I’d not want to buy one for £1000 with no warranty.

kayla1
    Free Member

To be honest, if you’ve bought the bike cheap to strip the parts from then people will still see it as an expensive ‘second hand’ frame even if it had never had a wheel turned under it. I had the same thing with my bike- I bought to strip for parts- but just ended up putting it back together and loving it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lovely frame. Bit niche. A lot of cash. Also I’d be wondering why you are selling a brand new unused frame. And I’d have concerns over not having a warranty too spending that much on a SH frame.

hora
    Free Member

1k is alot of money without a warranty. I’m guessing the frame you are selling is a warranty-replacement itself..

Just like I (personally) wouldn’t pay 1.5k for a secondhand Santa Cruz carbon frame.

Jamie
    Free Member

Everyone is waiting on 651b.

…personally, I wouldn’t buy it due to Cove’s persistence in using hilarious blow job puns.

wwaswas

Everyone is waiting on 651b.

Except for crime fiction fans who are only interested in 221b.

chakaping
    Free Member

The warranty is worth at least half the RRP of any ti frame.

Try it at £650.

Jamie
    Free Member

Except for crime fiction fans who are only interested in 221b.

No shit, Sherlock.

binners

Have you not heard of the 26″ renaissance? For Gods sake keep up man!

650 is just, like, soooooooooooooooooo last week

nickjb
    Free Member

Its not brand new. Its second hand. No warranty. Pretty niche. Quite expensive to start with. I’d expect close to that off if buying actually new from a proper shop for last years model.

bol

I know a man who’s had his eye on it for a few weeks and told me he would snap it up if the price drops a bit further. He was slightly drunk at the time, but he’s had a Hummer before and currently rides a Soda, so I think he is fairly serious.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I don’t like that it can take 650b and Wagon wheels
    One or tother please, there shouldn’t be compromises at this price point.
    Even with the funny dropouts that will be a gate with 650b wheels

I’m out

Jamie
    Free Member

Also, I know why a shop would be selling a brand new frame, but why are you? Might want to put the reason for sale in the advert.

Bottom line is, you’re going to have to take a bigger hit than you would like. The sooner you accept this, and drop the price, the sooner you’ll sell it.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Supply and Demand…. Only worth what people are willing to pay for it

mrblobby
    Free Member

Gate like? Looks pretty good to me…

Still a risky buy for a grand.

binners

Bottom line is, you’re going to have to take a bigger hit than you would like. The sooner accept this and drop the price, the sooner you’ll sell it.

Are you new here? I think you’ll find that the correct procedure is to repeatedly post it up, ad bloody nauseam, at exactly the same price, so that its a daily fixture on the classifieds page, with zero interest from anyone, as its value plummets even further from the one you wanted in the first, place, which you’re are less and less likely to get with each daily re-post.

Anyone know where I could get some second hand, worn,red anodised Race Face cranks? I’d like to pay about 2 quid less than they cost new, preferably

aracer
    Free Member

Do your research, Jamie
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cove-hummer-650b-2#post-6396574

it seems he didn’t actually “pay” new price for it…

Jamie
    Free Member

Are you new here? I think you’ll find that the correct procedure is to repeatedly post it up, ad bloody nauseam, at exactly the same price, so that its a daily fixture on the classifieds page, with zero interest from anyone, as its value plummets even further from the one you wanted in the first, place, which you’re are less and less likely to get with each daily re-post.

To be honest, regardless of what I posted, I do hope the above is what actually happens.

Amusingly, it seems to be going up in price.

Do your research, Jamie

That’ll teach me for only looking at the last 4 times he posted it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

NO but i know where you can get an unused XTR cassette for £3 cheaper than CRC new with a £5 to post

Your welcome

I wouldn’t buy it due to Cove’s persistence in using hilarious blow job puns

THIS
    Nice Sherlock joke as well Jamie

weeksy

Tis very nice though.

njee20
    Free Member

Also, I know why a shop would be selling a brand new frame, but why are you? Might want to put the reason for sale in the advert.

Bottom line is, you’re going to have to take a bigger hit than you would like. The sooner you accept this, and drop the price, the sooner you’ll sell it.

And the fact it’s a replacement for a damaged one (albeit a different wheelsize) does little to make me want to fork out a whole chunk on a replacement without that backup!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Furry muff

ha ha I hadn’t realised I had put the price up! Just been copy/pasting from my desktop

Yes it’s a warranty frame. Only selling as I find them too short in the top tube

Bol, maybe your friend can mail me an offer if interested?

I agree about the warranty is worth a fair bit but lets be honest, IF it did crack it wouldn’t cost much to get welded.

oh and Jamie…anything posted in classifieds drops off in to the depths within a couple of hours! Don’t have much choice

njee20
    Free Member

I agree about the warranty is worth a fair bit but lets be honest, IF it did crack it wouldn’t cost much to get welded.

A couple of hundred, most of what you’re offering as a discount, and then it’s a repaired frame. Why wouldn’t you just buy one new? Particularly as many people will likely be able to negotiate a discount anyway, list price is almost immaterial.

Jamie
    Free Member

IF it did crack it wouldn’t cost much to get welded.

I’m just going to put this out there, but I don’t think you’re one of life’s natural salesman.

hora
    Free Member

IF it did crack it wouldn’t cost much to get welded.

you’ve got to understand many people wouldn’t repair/ride it.

I’ve ridden a fair few years and if a frame cracked I’d just hang it up. Mucho frames out there and why risk it/go to the expense?

ndthornton
    Free Member

The problem is….. it may be new but it doesn’t look any newer than my 6 year old Soda. That’s the beauty of Ti – its ageless.

….which begs another question – how do we know for sure you haven’t ridden it 😉

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Aracer…I did pay new price. It broke, I got a new one

MountainMutant
    Free Member

It’s you guys saying it’s going to crack Jamie!

wwaswas

I think if you tried to sell it for whatever the frame it was a warranty replacement for was worth then you might have more luck, rather than basing the price on ‘new’ value (which doesn’t reflect that you had use out of the original frame for the price you paid).

jimw
    Free Member

I agree totally with wwaswas on this.

As a serial buyer and then (sometimes) seller of frames -usually a sucker for something a bit different on the bike front at least-I would expect to get about half the new price, 60% max, even if it is completely unused as in your situation and accept that you (presumably) got some good use from the original, good service from Cove to get a replacement and look forward to the new bike.

OR wait for the elusive buyer who may eventually turn up willing to pay what you hope -it happens- but be patient.

pictonroad

Everyone I know who’s had one, they’ve cracked, a couple of people have had 2 of them crack (I think one had 3).

You cracked one too, unfortunately the internet knows this. A titanium Cove without a warranty is a bit of an expensive gamble.

Sorry. Obviously, my opinion, etc etc. 😕

bearnecessities

£1k is a lot of money, even for a cracking BJ.

plyphon
    Free Member

I love these threads,

OP pitches
    Posters reply with some (perhaps slightly overly) tough love
    OP argues with posters
    Posters argue back

Someone eventually points out if you didn’t want to hear the truth then the OP shouldn’t of asked.

Someone else points out that this could be a covert way of bumping the sale exposure (mandatory /tinfoilhat emote)

Someone digs into posters history to find out he actually stole it from a childs pram 6 months ago and has been hammering Ft Bill on it ever since.

OP goes quiet.

Thread dieds.

amedias
    Free Member

It’s not a new frame. It may be unused, but it’s still 2nd hand, just in very good condition. £1k and no warranty – no chance.

Either drop the price (significantly) or try a long listing with BIN on eBay, if people are looking for one they’re more likely to find it that way and you’ll get a wider audience.

Jamie
    Free Member

£1k is a lot of money, even for a cracking BJ

*stifles laugh*

chakaping
    Free Member

Wonder if that guy ever sold the Curtis SS with the carbon fork and stuff.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheaper than getting married…

Anyway overpriced and I didn’t even look at the price.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

So just so I’m clear…

I buy a new car for 10K
    I drive it for a year, put 12K miles but crash it so insurance gives me a new one as less than a year old
    I sell the brand new car to wwaswas for 7k…because I’m such a charitable chap

…or is it different for bikes?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘Why's no one buying my frame!?’ is closed to new replies.