Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Why has 'pulled Pork' appeared everywhere?
  • hora
    Free Member

Swriously what the ****? Which fashion sheep-leading **** Celeb Chef came up with this crock? Whats it pulled its leg?
    . If I hear anyone ordering such a thing I will shout YOU **** COCK WOMBLE

codybrennan
    Free Member

Have you tried it like? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

No. I dont eat at such faux-franz ferdinand lookalike in a cardigan beard/bobble hatted twit/bbc employee fashion cafe/semi old fashion-twist pub bollockory

tthew

Yeah, I’m with you Hora. It’s just an excuse to sell all the leftovers from a joint at inflated prices.

Harry_the_Spider

Pulling your pork into a sandwich? Nasty.

aP
    Free Member

You know it’s a down home American staple, eh?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not a new technique just todays food fashion, bit like Prawn Cocktail was in it’s day or Rocket and Parmesan salad.

@hora I may be a bit dense but I cannot work out what 4 letter word you meant between YOU and COCK ? ***ing surely ?

hora
    Free Member

It is **** ing but stw changes it

aP that says it all. Mericans like it.

disconoir
    Free Member

hora – try it, it’s amazing, takes an age to cook but makes a cheap bit of pork shoulder some of the best you’ll ever have, no lie!

binners

I believe it’s also compulsory to eat it in a ‘pop-up’ restaurant. Another benchmark of Nathan Barley-esque ****ishness.

I reckon that if you call your organic bakery, tofu palace or hemp clothing shop a ‘pop up…..’ Then you immediately forfeit your right not to have it burnt down, with you in it!

oldnpastit

Is it an americanism? Sounds more glamorous than slow-cooked pork, which is what everyone ate until stir-fry was invented, in about 1978.

I blame Ken Hom and Jamie Oliver.

MrOvershoot

Just for you Hora 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Pork Puller.

scaredypants

You no like crispy duck either ?

Drac

Because it’s nice and also makes a nice profit.

winston_dog
    Free Member

It’s like lamb shanks were 15 years ago.

Nobody wanted them then some chef made them fashionable and they rocketed up in price. Belly pork is trendy now as well.

scaredypants

Because it’s nice and also makes a nice profit

I thought that was car theft 😉

Drac

I have no idea what you mean scardeypants 😳

Anyway give it few weeks Hora will try it and then declare it the best thing he’s had and wish he’d bought one ages ago. In true Hora style.

Before trying to sell it a week later saying it’s not for him.

hora
    Free Member

Crispy Duck and pancakes arent trendy though.

Another one I saw this week. A restaurant in a shopping centre with STREET FOOD written across the front

Wheres the backstreet in HK with a stall/badlighting?

For **** sake.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Has this only just made it up north? 😯

Drac

Crispy Duck and pancakes arent trendy though.

Not any more but they very much were at one time.

Wheres the backstreet in HK with a stall/badlighting?

Ermmm! In Hong Kong?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think Hora has got out of bed on the wrong side, or hasn’t taken his medication.

I love trying new stuff, although tbf, pulled pork is hardly new.

binners

They’re selling pulled pork pasties in Greggs

_tom_
    Free Member

It tastes good. That’s why I eat it, anyway.

Drac

It is if you’ve not had it before.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Has this only just made it up north?

Unlikely, it requires cooking and they don’t have fire yet.

Drac

Oh we do. Unlike the south which is too damp for fire. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It is if you’ve not had it before.

Only pointing out that we’re not all meat n two veg northerners who won’t embrace change! 😀

MrOvershoot

binners – Member

They’re selling pulled pork pasties in Greggs

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s cheap and people will pay 12 quid for a burger in a brioche bun with some of this on it and a very small potion of chips in a little zinc bucket all served on a plank – To a plank. I hate living in London sometimes. 8 quid for a take away pulled pork burrito at Waterloo station it’s madness I tells yer. Don’t get me started on the belly of pork at the Oxo tower, one small pice of the cheapest bit of pork you can buy served with pretty much f all, 21 quid, the view’s nice I suppose.

Drac

It’s cheap and people will pay 12 quid for a burger in a brioche bun with some of this on it and a very small potion of chips in a little zinc bucket all served on a plank – To a plank. I hate living in London sometimes.

Have you been stalking Captain Flashheart?

winston_dog
    Free Member

8 quid for a take away pulled pork burrito

That’s some mark up!

Considering Asda sell British Pork shoulder for £3 a kg, I would guess you can get Dutch stuff wholesale for £2 a kg.

No doubt some serious overheads for the pitch but still must be making some cash.

MrOvershoot

Drac – Moderator

Oh we do. Unlike the south which is too damp for fire.

That’s a bit nasty Drac 😉

Though as a Midland born educated in the SW but living in the North with Parents from Yorkshire & London of Scottish & Dutch extraction its very confusing to know where I’m from!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

You can bet it in most bars in the US and it’s cheap and tasty. There’s been a few places doing up my way for a few years now and it’s still cheap and tasty. Lovely stuff. Had no idea it was trendy and expensive in some places 😮

Mikeypies
    Free Member

^^^^^ this

it is a cheap cut so keeps up the profits

I have tried it a few times including a top BBQ stall and it has been bland and covered in sauce in a cheapo bread bun basically rubbish

If you cook it yourself on the BBQ it is great and the leftovers fantastic in stir frys etc

Its the same as OX tail which used to be cheap as chips but now isnt 🙁

sputnik
    Free Member

Thanks to Adam Richman I learned about it the first time and been loving it since

scaredypants

Anyway, carnitas FTW !

hatter

As someone married to a lady from south of the mason/Dixie i’ve been a fan of pulled pork for many a year, I wouldn’t call it new fangled trendy crap around her if I were you.

Not that all southern cuisine is equally pleasant, if you’re ever offered ‘grits’ down there politely refuse, it’s truly grim.

eskay

Belly pork has gone through a similar renaissance.

It was always a cheap cut of meat until hora’s ‘faux-franz ferdinand lookalike in a cardigan beard/bobble hatted twit/bbc employee fashion cafe/semi old fashion-twist pub bollockory’ got hold of it.

You are now expected to pay £15 for a bit of it in a restaurant.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Even chips aren’t cheap as chips anymore. Although I bought a cheap brisket the other day at the C&C and after a nights cooking on 80 odd degrees it was pretty bloody good.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Why has 'pulled Pork' appeared everywhere?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM