Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Why does my front wheel not sit even in the forks??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Genuine question! Running on normal QR, wheel tight up into both fork lugs? At one point today the tyre caught the fork or cross member???

Rickos
    Free Member

Bent QR?

Does it do it after a bit of riding (and braking) or as soon as you slot the wheel in?

wrightyson
    Free Member

No its just offset straight away! The only thing I can think of is one of the stanchions is bent.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well I’d not be riding it again until I knew exactly what the problem was.

cynic-al
    Free Member

pics?

epicyclo

Axle borked?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Post 08 SIDS ?

aP
    Free Member

Qr springs in the wrong way round?

wrightyson
    Free Member

The wheels exactly as it was when new. It’s come back from the lbs recently but had no work done at the front. I’ll try and do some of those flickr photos tomorrow when it’s light. Yes I’ve fitted a fatter tyre than stock but it’s been on since the summer and never noticed it before! 😕

aP
    Free Member

Check that the skewer springs are wide against the qr and thin against the axle.

coatesy
    Free Member

As above, check your QR springs are fitted correctly(narrow end against the axle).Also, if not the above, try turning the wheel the other way round, if it’s still closer to the same fork leg then it’s a fork problem,if it’s closer to the other leg then it’s your wheel.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had this with some specialized hubs. It turned out to be a hub that was machined out of tolerance. Rotate the axle four times, quarter turn each time and see how that affects it. Mine was fine two of the four but leaned left on one and right on the other.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cheers lads will try all the options tomorrow.

Edric64
    Free Member

Wheel undished?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My money is on the forks being sids.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Agree with SBZ, a simple search would bring up the issue (assuming the search function was decent 😉 )

starsh78
    Free Member

bent or snapped front axle i fear 🙁

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

My money is on the forks being sids.

There has been the odd problem with Reba as well, RS tolerance is 3mm out of whack, get the dishing checked before the pain of a fork warranty.

MrTall
    Free Member

Is it definitely the wheel and not the tyre? I just got a 2.4 Ardent that seems to be made a bit out of tolerance and it rubs on the leg of my 29er Reba’s no matter what i try and do. Not the wheel as i’ve never had a problem before.

Have you taken the tyre off and put the wheel back in on it’s own?

rubberneck
    Free Member

check the qr drop out slots for shoite or wear and tear.

singlespeedstu

There has been the odd problem with Reba as well

This “problem” seems to be even more evident on the 29er Reba.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mmm I’m running cheapo stock rock shock toras at the moment and feared they might be to blame!!! This is further fuel I have to try it on with mrs w about the need for new forks on my irksome expensive hobby!!

Clink

This “problem” seems to be even more evident on the 29er Reba

Yep = mostly with the maxle version I think?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Why does my front wheel not sit even in the forks??’ is closed to new replies.