Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • why does everyone now wear helmetcams?
  • Shandy
    Free Member

What does it matter what people put up on Youtube?!

It all seems to go hand in hand with the 6" all mountain, trail centre riding, body armour wearing cock-fest that is the public face of Mountain Biking (TM) we see today.

You must be disgusted that so many terrible people have entered the sport and given it a bad name.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Short rearward facing video

I bunged the Go-Pro onto the seat-post, rearward facing using their "Ride Kit" and took it for a quick spin on the trails behind my house. Quite like the effect, as it seems to give a decent impression of speed.

coastkid
    Free Member

steve that view looks good with a rider behind…
    i did a wee film today down the beach,helmet cameras can be used hand held aswell and on bike etc then mixed up with landscape views and even stills and timelapse to break up and make films interesting 😮
    todays mid summer beachride

Xylene
    Free Member

Helmet Cams: Great until you go for a slash and forget about wearing it.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Helmet Cams: Great until you go for a slash and forget about wearing it.

Not a problem if you're as fat as me…

Xylene
    Free Member

Not a problem if you're as fat as me…

One presumes you are talking about belly rather than coke can appendages

epicsteve
    Free Member

Nice vid Bruce. I must get down to see that mini-sub wreckage one day.

Northwind

Surf-Mat – Member

"I don't get it myself. Unless you're very good indeed and can justify making a vid, why video yourself?"

Unless you're very good, why ride a bike? It's still fun. It's not about having people watch your videos and think you're a riding god. My most popular vid is just messing around in the snow, there's some half-decent riding in it but it's mainly just pretty. Cutting the videos is a nice way to spend an hour as well, sifting through music tracks I never listen to and all that.

Also my camera projects some sort of weird protective effect that means nobody ever crashes in front of me 😥

coastkid
    Free Member

[/quote]Surf-Mat – Member

"I don't get it myself. Unless you're very good indeed and can justify making a vid, why video yourself?"

Unless you're very good, why ride a bike? It's still fun. It's not about having people watch your videos and think you're a riding god. My most popular vid is just messing around in the snow, there's some half-decent riding in it but it's mainly just pretty. Cutting the videos is a nice way to spend an hour as well, sifting through music tracks I never listen to and all that.
    Also my camera projects some sort of weird protective effect that means nobody ever crashes in front of me

im no riding god…and dont think i am… maybe experianced thats all but i record trails and stuff because once i used to ride motorcycles offroad in scotland…something that is seriously taboo nowadays..we went some amazing places on old historic roads and drove roads etc…for example,
    the devils staircase… we went from tyndrum all the way to Ft william offroad on saturday evenings to not annoy walkers…
    fort Augustas to clunie dam then onto kyle of lochalsh..all offroad in a day,
    the 40 mile drove road through Glen carron…
    corryairick pass dozons of times,
    peebles to st marys loch and onto yarrow,(had permission for that route)
    120 mile days in 12 hours over the cheviot hills…
    a coast to coast trailride 3/4 offroad in 18 hours for a friend dieing from cancer…(portpatrick to seacliff (east lothian)
    i could go on but i have just an hour of video (but no video player) from over 10 years of doing this and a shoe box full of pics…
    but film of these places we went with good friends would be priceless…one of which is sadly not here anymore to enjoy what we do…
    which is why i make as many films as i can nowadays…
    i dont make films now with affordable cameras for an ego trip or anything but because one day i can look back at the fun in my life…
    if they inspire someone else to go ride there bike then thats only a good thing,
    and through making films ive won cameras,met a hot dutch girl 😮 and made alot of friends too..real nice genuine friends too,
    but i cant help it folk keep crashing infront of me when im filming!, 😆

epicsteve
    Free Member

Bruce – I've still got my Pampera tucked away in the corner of my garage and I think Tom still has his as well. Might need to get mine road legal and give those East Lothian trails and Border Streets one last ride!

coastkid
    Free Member

steve sadly ive recently sold my motorbike…i see a restless natives uprising in the hills soon!

singlespeedstu

Why video yourself?

Most of the time I'm videoing the person in front of me.

@ coastkid and epicsteve.

Maybe it's an ex moto thing that makes us do it. 8)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've done some filming on the motorbike as well.

That one was shot using one of the Sony bullet cameras feeding into a Canon digital video cameras.

coastkid
    Free Member

here is some film on my last motorbike (yamaha TTR 600r belgrada
    1st tryout with tachyon camera`s, and using 3M snap velcro
    tachyon 2010 XC camera 1st tryout; motorcycle ride part 2 of 1
    and before that offroad up lammerlaw at sunset using a compact cannon with gorrila pod…
    yamaha ttr -sunset trailride,
    im wearing my stig suit in both 😮 god i miss trailriding 😐

Kevevs
    Free Member

cos we all ride down mad shit these days and need to include all our mad gnarly shit on our social interaction websites to prove how mad and indeed gnarly we really are. word.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘why does everyone now wear helmetcams?’ is closed to new replies.