Home Forums Bike Forum HELP – Why can't I get my bolt through axle in?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HELP – Why can't I get my bolt through axle in?
  • mechanicaldope

Have an xfusion sweep. Can’t get the axle through far enough to get the threads to bite. Tried with wheel off also. Seems to be catching on some plastic lumps on the axle at the lever end. HELP!

mechanicaldope

No one? Don’t tell me I am going to have to drive to work today :(

eltonerino
    Free Member

Those plastic lumps help keep the lever in place. If you flip the lever down/open, they should go in, if you flip it up/closed they should pop out a bit so the lever stays in place.

I find I have to get the wheel sitting right, slide the axle in as far as it will go and give the able a tap with the palm of my hand (not much force, just enough to seat it in the thread, not enough to hurt my hand). Then I can tighten it up normally.

P.s. you can adjust the height of those lumps with a 3mm* need key. Put it through the handle and hold the lumps while turning. (*It might be 2mm or 4mm)

mechanicaldope

Think the problem was that these lugs had stuck out. Removed the lever, put the screw back in and hit the screw (gently) with a hammer. Seemed to loosen something and the lugs were able to retract again. Nice ride to work coming up! Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HELP – Why can't I get my bolt through axle in?’ is closed to new replies.