Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Who's your favourite 'current' pro-cyclist and why?
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Jens Voigt's my choice

Jens Voigt doesn’t read books. He simply attacks until the books relent and tell him everything he wants to know.

Waldo can’t be found because Jens dropped him on a hill training ride… on K2.

Jens doesn’t spin or mash the pedals… he kicks them into submission.

Jens Voigt puts the “laughter” in “Manslaughter.”

Jens Voigt climbs so well for a big guy because he doesn’t actually climb hills; the hills slink into the earth in fear as they see him approach.

If you are a UCI ProTour rider and you Google “Jens Voigt,” the only result you get is “it’s not to late to take up kickball, Fred.”

Jens was a math prodigy in elementary school, putting “Attack!” in every blank space on all his tests. It would be the wrong answer for everybody else, but Jens is able to solve any problem by attacking.

Jens’ testicles are bald because hair does not grow on a mixture of titanium, brass, steel, and cold, hard granite.

Eddy Merckx was actually a neo-pro at the same time as Jens, but Jens dropped him so hard that he shot backwards in time to the 1960’s, where he became a great champion.

Jens once had a heart attack on the Tourmalet. Jens counterattacked repeatedly until he kicked its ass.

Jack was nimble, Jack was quick… and Jens still drove him to quit racing bikes and become an ice dancing commentator on Lifetime.

If Jens Voigt was a country, his principle exports would be Pain, Suffering, and Agony.

If Jens Voigt was a planet, he’d be the World of Hurt.

Jens Voigt doesn’t know where you live, but he knows exactly where you will die.

Jens Voigt doesn’t have a shadow because he dropped it repeatedly until it retired, climbing into the CSC team car and claiming a stomach ailment.

Jens Voigt once challenged Lance Armstrong to a “who has more testicles” contest. Jens won… by five.

When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jens Voigt jumps out and attacks.

You are what you eat. Jens Voigt eats spring steel for breakfast, fire for lunch, and a mixture of titanium and carbon fiber for dinner. For between-meal snacks he eats men’s souls, and downs it with a tall cool glass of The Milk of Human Suffering.

Jens Voigt believes it’s not butter.

Jens Voigt can eat just one.

The first time man split the atom was when the atom tried to hold Jens Voigt’s wheel, but cracked.

Jens Voigt doesn’t complain about what suffering does to him… but suffering constantly complains about getting picked on by Jens Voigt.

Jens Voigt can start a fire by rubbing two mud puddles together.

Guns kill a couple dozen people every day. Jens Voigt kills 150.

Jens’s tears are so tough they could be the world heavyweight mixed-martial arts champion. Too bad Jens never cries.

Jens Voigt rides so fast during attacks, that he could circle the globe, hold his own wheel, and ride in his own draft. At least as long as he didn’t try to drop himself.

Jens Voigt nullified the periodic table because he doesn’t believe in any element, other than the element of surprise.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Unless Jens Voigt has been riding on the other side in which case it’s white with the salty, dried tears of all the riders whose souls he has crushed.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Chuck<cut>Norris<paste>.

oldgit
    Free Member

That's a hard call. It's dificult to say from the current crop, if I chose one he would probably turn out to be a massive drugs cheat.
    It was easier years ago, Mercx, Moser, hainault, Kelly (not Indurain)even Lemond and Armstrong.
    I suppose most would base their answer on how that rider did or will do in the tour, But I prefer the classics riders.
    I think I'll say Boonen with all his ups and downs

Notter
    Free Member

Cav, because he's an arrogant little sh*t but has the skill / speed to back it up. i know virtually the entire team is set up around him but surely that's just proof of how good he is.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Van Summeren for being too tall, Gilbert just because, Millar despite the previous, Ballan not sure why.

nonk
    Free Member

big George hincapie for me the class of the man..
    if i had a touch of the fruit about me i would.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Unfortunately I don't know enough about drug testing, team politics or men's legs to have an opinion.

GW
    Free Member

Sam Hill – for his sense of humour

pjt201
    Free Member

haussler for me i think.

Kato

Pendleton, cos she looks nice. Unless we can't have track?

GW
    Free Member

all roadies? wtf?

dickydutch

another vote here for hincapie and Jens. Both proper work horses!

mike_p
    Free Member

+1 for Jens

Also Juan Soler for his agricultural (yet effetive!) riding style, and Franco Pelizotti for his truly heroic effort on the Ventoux last year

And of course Lance 😮

Maris Strombergs

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Vladimir Karpets, coz of his name and mullet.

Marge
    Free Member

Sylvain Chavanel / Flecha / Boonen for classics

Cancellara for doing what he does so well.

Voight is a great tours fighter.

hels
    Free Member

Bring back Kaiser Jan !! He is being crushing the souls of the weak beneath his wheels..

http://www.myspace.com/kaiserjan

hughjengin
    Free Member

Thomas Voeckler, just for the never say die spirit of the man.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Also Juan Soler for his agricultural (yet effetive!) riding style

I bet you a pound to a penny he was doping when he won KOM.

ourmaninthenorth

Flecha for me.

But any of the Classics riders, TBH.

nonk
    Free Member

ed2001 did he not test pos ? i think he actually did.

Ed2001
    Free Member

No that was just others from Barloworld he didn't get caught 🙂
    Some fav riders already not mentioned would be
    Vasil Kiryienka
    Roger Hammond
    Oscar Friere
    Simon Gerrans
    Thor Hushovd

dickydutch

Good call on Roger!Another peolton hardman!

kimbers

id have to say sam hill too

not only is he amazing to see on a course but ive really grown to like his humour, i thought he was a bit dull at first but hes actually quite witty

anyone else think that gee atherton comes accross as trying to hard in his interviews?

Blackhound

Jens Voight on the road, Steve Peat off road.

chakaping
    Free Member

Daniel Dhers for his precision, consistency, enthusiasm and athleticism. I know he's a bit passé for some BMX fans, but his perfect runs are like firework displays for me.

In MTB: Sam Hill for making the impossible look, well not easy, but at least possible. And for his eyebrows. Or Minaar for being so versatile and consistent.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Schleck brothers – good all rounders and seem like decent guys.

Nobody at the moment compares to Pantani though. He was a bike rider!!

headfirst
    Free Member

Like hugh said, Tommy Voeckler – he always attacks, time and again, no matter that he rarely wins. Ahh, those great days where he defended his yellow jersey in the 2004 TdF…

ourmaninthenorth

Oh, and after yesterday's Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, Ian Stannard.

adstick
    Free Member

Another vote for Sam Hill. His inability to slow himself down makes him very exciting to watch – either he's going to crash or beat everyone by 5 seconds.

Marge
    Free Member

Stannard? What about the guy who won it – Bobbie Traksel? He was away for 110km & it's not like he didn't do his fair share of work when finally pulled in by Flens & Stannard.
    That's not taking anything away from Stannards fantastic efforts by the way (I was cheering him on for 2 Sky wins in 2 days)

Dougal
    Free Member

Haussler.

ourmaninthenorth

What about the guy who won it – Bobbie Traksel? He was away for 110km & it's not like he didn't do his fair share of work when finally pulled in by Flens & Stannard.

Proper flahute, for sure.

I just like the fact that Stannard, riding for Sky, got on the podium after Flecha's success in Het Volk.

I'm so pleased the Classics season is now underway. Best racing there is.

adstick
    Free Member

I'm sure this used to be a mountain bike forum?

colnagokid

The little prince- Damiano Cuengo for me, just think he's a classy rider. Before him Paulo Bettini, I think Damiano is similar.
    And Boonen (if I can have 2!)

kimbers

I'm sure this used to be a mountain bike forum?

its always been very road orientated mtb forum i must admit i have no idea who all these roadies are being talked about, and arent they all doped up to their eyeballs anyway?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Paulo Bettini +1

But not current all the same! 😉

Kimbers

Its all right to admit an 'occasional' fetish for tar and lycra, c'mon, your amongst friends……… 😆

tang
    Free Member

andy schleck, young and enjoying it, in the mix often.

888trojan888
    Free Member

Steve Peat – Because he drinks ale

adstick
    Free Member

Doped up, muscle bound, meatheads. It's like asking 'who's your favorite runner?'

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Who's your favourite 'current' pro-cyclist and why?’ is closed to new replies.