Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Who's growing a 'tache for Movember then?
  • Kit
    Free Member

Thought it could be a giggle. Get some photos on here of your best efforts over the month!

http://www.movember.com/

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

isn't movember an aussie thing?

DaveGr
    Free Member

Don't know whether to go for the Lemmy or Burt Reynolds look….

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

haha!love it.

basically me and my mate grew a full face beard over october (or he said he would and he bailed!****)so no i have a full beard and am thinking of doing somthing for movember

NZCol

I did it a couple of years back. rules were it had to be the real deal, no lamb chops, nothing past the bottom of the upper lip. The real paedo look to be honest. After 3 weeks i had something approaching what looked like a ginger slug on my top lip, my italian workmate had been away and came back about that time, he basically went for a crap, pushed and had a better mo than i did which was quite demoralising. The only good thing was that I could forever rule out growing a mo again.
    Its quite funny to do and you get used to not having an s3x with the wife (or anyone for that matter) after week 2 …

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

No. 'Movember' is a lame idea. I can't wait 'till it goes away and crawls back under whatever slimy rock of complete naffness it came out from under.

Ho! Ho! …how funny – you've grown a moustache. Well done – have a biscuit..

It strikes me that the whole concept has emerged simply to be a reciprocal answer to the various 'charidee' events and 'charidee' days of the year that celebrate female togetherness and champion female causes, one example – that 'Moonwalk' bra-thing.

Ho! Ho! …how funny – we're all walking around in bras we've actually decorated! 🙄

'Movember' is just one iteration of a – fairly justified – collective male insecurity that exists presently in the male population – which is perpetuated by media messages and, in particular, by advertising.

Groups in society can easily hide many of their (mixed) motives under the 'Hey, we're just doing this for Charidee' umbrella. Unfortunately, I suspect much of this 'Movember' nonsense is really just borne out of a growing insecurity at being male in the 00's – and is a lame attempt to find some sort of a collective male bond – and visibly re-establish our sense of collective male identity to society as a whole.

It's a completley naff idea.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Who peed in your cornflakes?

It could just be that it's fun to grow a 'tache every now and then, and why not raise a few quid for a good (under-appreciated) cause while you're at it?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

…because, by only providing a half-hearted 'comedy' cure for some of the symptoms of male denigration, it gives further legitimacy to the actual and ongoing causes of male malignment in our society.

… And because ‘tashes make you look like a peado. 😉

tegski
    Free Member

Yes it is an idea from Australia. Last year over $8 MILLION was raised here towards research into prostate cancer and male depression
    Links here if you want to know the details for the 3 million pounds raised in the UK UK Movember
    I have had a laugh with friends and enjoyed the last three years doing a bit of fundraising – have you noticed how much funding is given to breast cancer awareness compared to prostate cancer? Think about this the next time you are lucky enough to go on the next ride!!!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

'male depression'

'have you noticed how much funding is given to breast cancer awareness compared to prostate cancer?'

…Which are each symptoms of the malignment of maleness, or male issues generally. 🙂

Personally, if I was concerned enough about prostrate cancer being an issue in the world and thought it would make a difference, I'd simply give my money to prostrate cancer research charities.

If I wanted to do something about Male Depression, however…
    I'd try to get society to examine the root causes of Male Depression, rather than grow a 'tache.

(just my view though) 😉

Kit
    Free Member

Good grief, there's always some miserable prick who tries to spoil the fun 🙁

Well we can safely say that no_I_don'tgiveadamn won't be joining in the fun next month.

Who will though, that's the question?

DrJ

prostrate

Annoying spelling mistakes #973

toomanybikes
    Free Member

nah, just thought i'd spend the whole month tickling ole prostate instead, just to make sure it's still there you understand

robdob
    Free Member

I can't grow one, mine just grows down the side of my mouth. Have all your moustache fun, I'm not jealous. 🙁

ooOOoo
    Free Member

brack
    Free Member

Riddiculous idea!!

Why do we always have to follow the aussies?

I personally am advocating Dicember

Infact its already growing at the thought….

BlingBling
    Free Member

I'm going for the Errol Flyn look and already have approval from the missus.

Should take me all of 3 days 😆

jimmy

I did Tacheback a few years ago and my tache is a rather weak blonde / ginger affair. I would try again but an hoping for job interviews this month so might not be the best idea. Then again…

Jamie
    Free Member

I already started my own beardtober and am looking forward to a cleaner shaven november. Saying that i am off to Athens in a fortnight so would blend in nicely.

DrJ

You know why Greek men have moustaches? To be like their mothers.

Olly
    Free Member

i wish i could :,(

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I'm going for it, trying to get the lads at work onboard too. If it looks sh*t by the end of the month I'm going to touch it in with mascara.

hugorune

I've signed up on the movember website but can't get the link to facebook to work. And I need some sponsors.

McQ
    Free Member

I can't do this, as I already have one, oh and a goatee as well 😉

samuri
    Free Member

people wish facial hair have something to hide. That's a fact.

robgarrioch

Always grow a full-facer for the colder months, winter plumage don't you know (until grey starts to appear). On a long, cold ride you can pretend you're an arctic explorer, snot icicles adding to the pheromones to create an irresistible combination… Don't consider it a matter for chair-idee though.

Something to hide… ok, yes; mainly my face 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oddly i've sugned up for this today, before seeing this thread. Ok so its a bit of a laugh, no_sense_of_humour seems to think its pointless, but why not? As long as i dont look like a kiddy fiddler and get burnt at the stake by the torch weilding angry mob.

hora
    Free Member

I'm in. Secretly I want to grow a moustache but normally feel its like wearing just lycra down a public street. Funnily, come the 24th Nov people will think you are doing this in tribute to the Late Freddy Mercury..

rOcKeTdOg

people wish facial hair have something to hide. That's a fact.

wishing doesn't always come true
    my current effort (my dad says i look like a tramp in this pic….i think he's right!)

miketually
    Free Member

I've not shaved for 308 days now.

I am a man. I wear a beard. It is harmonious. It is natural. It is the proper way of things. My face lives in its natural state, unconquered by razor, impervious to creams. It is how all male faces should exist. My vision is that one day in the not-too-distant future, we, the wearers of beards, the Kings of Men, will far outnumber our lowly, defeated smooth-faced brethren.

This is a call, lads! A call to all of you who feel the tingling in your face, to those of you who hear the rumbling within your follicles. You admirers of the beard who have yet to give in to the persistently consuming thought of letting your face have its own way for a change. Maybe you dream of it.

Maybe you see yourself in your dreams, your long, flowing beard waving in the wind gloriously, like a flag on the victorious battlefield, your foot propped nobly on a rock as you survey the verdant valley below. You are the master of the domain. You are the archetypal man. Those feelings do not have to end at the buzzing of the morning alarm. You can arise and face the day with the confidence and gusto of your bearded ancestry. You have what it takes locked inside you. But you must break free of your conditioning.

– The Beard Manifesto 🙂

hora
    Free Member

What happens if..

You actually like the moustache?

roper
    Free Member

Separated at birth,-

rOcKeTdOg

jack osbourne

hora
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg grow it long enough and you will be the focus of all attention come national Pirates Day

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm in, as always 🙂

This year im thinking of the Erol Flyn look too, last years was more Basil Fawlty 🙁

flippinheckler
    Free Member

isnt it rather homosexual to have a moustache 😕

hora
    Free Member

I'm going for this look, partly because my sister in law fancies him 😯

willard

Alas not… If I did, I fear I might not last the month before being beaten for looking like a freak.

Kit
    Free Member

isnt it rather homosexual to have a moustache

Good god, not HOMOSEXUAL!!! Anything but that!

Got mine growing. Had to have a fews days head start though, so I'm about 8 days into mine 🙂 (wishes there was a smiley with a moustache)

rOcKeTdOg

I wish I had jack osbournes success with women!

chakaping
    Free Member

The moustache is the only unrehabilitated piece of gay style.

Everything else the gays adopt is eventually taken up by hetero men too, apart from the 'tache.

So yes, it is a bit gay. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Who's growing a 'tache for Movember then?’ is closed to new replies.