Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Who plays what? (musical instrument content inside)
  • franki
    Free Member

Another guitarist here. 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Oh yeah, got one of these, but in black.

mema
    Free Member

I played the oboe at school.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

1979 Fender Precision Bass and a Big Muff ‘ere. Currently big-amp-less (well, it lives in Chapel-en-le-frith).

I always wanted a Sepultura style ‘even-bigger-muffer’. Genius.

Veteran of several legendarily crap punk bands (think Black Flag, the Misfits, DRI and Sonic Youth, with the melodic edge of Extreme Noise Terror).

And for what it’s worth John I live in Otley.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I can play quite a few brass instruments, though my first love was the cornet. I’ve recently started learning the Ukulele as I fancied learning something new and didn’t want to spend a whole heap of money.

Milkie
    Free Member

Recorder, Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums.. Pretty much anything that you can make noise with. 😆 All of which I’m not very good at!

Technics – Scratching/Mixing

johnh65
    Free Member

Myfatherwasawolf – are you in any bands at the mo?

My band needs a bass player as the last one left. Have a look at. http://www.wickeffect.co.uk
    Interested?

singletrackmatt

I can play the piano but not read music or anything like that. 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

Another drummer. My kit is the Rock version so has bigger bass, and toms. I use Sabian AAX cymbals.

Must learn to play something else though.

mrsflash
    Free Member

markd
    Free Member

didgeridoo. properly and everything.

Cooroo
    Free Member

Mrs Flash really? That is amazing, I am very impressed (i used to be Emma, BTW – well actually I still am but it seemed dull as a username).

I play clarinet.

chipps

Guitar, as probably harped on about in the magazine.
    Far too many nice guitars for my ability, but who cares, eh?
    I’m currently the guitarist in an all-girl ‘Hebden’ band and I also play blues bass.

bedmaker

About 18 years ago.
    I’m the one with the unfeasibly large glasses

Spaceman
    Free Member

Bedmaker, bet you’re popular if you’re in a pipeband! (to the non-pipers, a left-handed piper like bedmaker has drones on the wrong shoulder to everyone else, making marching in tight spaces difficult) I am left-handed too, but play right-handed.
    The band I play with were in France last week at the festival de Cholet and had an impromptue play with a samba band, good fun if a bit rough sounding.

doesn’t really get going till about 30seconds in!

bedmaker

Cannae beat a bit of itchy fingers! Haven’t played in a band for yonks, can’t commit the time to it these days. Just do the odd wedding and bits and bobs.
    Oddly, Im actually right handed but picked up the pipes left handed and have a much stronger swing at shinty/golf left handed.

Eccles
    Free Member

Currently learning to play 5 string banjo, the redneck 303 :yokel:

Spaceman
    Free Member

Itchy fingers never sounded so good! the dancing girls that band had (out of shot unfortunately) made that particular performance very memorable.

In my first chanter lesson I picked it up left handed and got a swift crack over the knuckles and was told to play it the other way round, right-handed ever since. Although left handed I play golf and cricket right handed as well, golf mostly due to equipment availabilty when young.

Gary_C

I’m currently the guitarist in an all-girl ‘Hebden’ band and I also play blues bass.

Chipps in sex change shocker!!! 😯

peajay

I’m learning the chanter, I’m lefthanded but play righthanded just felt right, enjoying it, the prize at the end is a set off pipes though :0)
    PJ

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

John H – YGM via the Wickeffect contact email.

MFWAW

johnh65
    Free Member

Cheers mfwaw 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

Emma, yes really. Started when I was about 10, gave up when I went to uni. It’s not the most common instrument I’ll give you that, but for some reason we had a peripatetic teacher in the locality who came to both my middle and senior schools (state).

DezB
    Free Member

Bass. (how low can you go)
    Can play trumpet too, as learnt it at school.
    oh, and the bagpipes (although haven’t done that since I was about 12).
    Played the recorder in front of assembly at junior school (how gay would I be these days??!)
    No time to play these days, so nothing new will be learnt. MTBing takes up any free time I have.

stratobiker
    Free Member

All you musos, I have been through all your profiles, and if there’s an email address, I’ve spammed you with an invite to join the very first STW blues collaboration thingy.

Original post

Backing track

C’mon, have a go, I have 8 contributions so far. 8)

SB 🙂

Christowkid
    Free Member

English Concertina.
    there. i’ve said it!!!!
    ( bites knuckles and anticipates being outed……)
    Q

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who plays what? (musical instrument content inside)’ is closed to new replies.