Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Who if anyone on here rides with or from BrightonMTB ?
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

So….I’ve just joined the forum with the intention of getting out around Stanmer on some of the brightonmtb club rides (free advertising 😆 )

Anyone here ride with or lead the rides on the Tues and Thurs ?
    Cheers

5lab

there’s plenty of folk on here.

I’ve done the odd thurs ride with them. the charger for my lights died so I’m off for a few weeks 🙁

singletrackmind

I do sometimes . You need to find Mike61 who leads out the steady thursday , and CheifGrooveGuru is also on there . Woodsman sometimes makes it down as well . BigSi oftens rides as well, as does Jimbo brighton but if he is the same one he is broken atm.
    Theres loads , best thing to do is rock up with lights and a some tyres set up for wet roots .very friendly bunch indeed and some super short snazzy singletrack too.

Southdownsmtb forum would be a very good place to visit

chiefgrooveguru

I was leading Tuesday’s ride, not out tonight. Always up for an inpromptu foray round the woods if you want a guide!

cyclistm
    Free Member

In that case chiefgrooveguru, I owe you a huge thanks for leading us round the woods on Tuesday.

6 of us have been riding round Stanmer for the last few Tuesdays, crashing our way through the undergrowth to find new trails, usually getting lost and falling off a bit too often.

On Tuesday we sort of followed the BrightonMTB crew up one of the fireroads, they not only let us tag along, but they took the time to show us how to ride various sections and provide lots of coaching & advice.

All this disrupted their ride no end, but the guys were brilliant and patient. You’ll be hard pushed to find a nicer bunch of cyclists.

Enjoy riding with them bunners.

M

mike61
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it…and ChiefGG didn’t get lost…can’t believe that!

Turn up whenever you feel like it we are about fun not ragging the legs off each other.

Cheers

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Chief has got contacts these days Mike, the rain cant confuse him so much now!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I do – see you on Thursday night 7pm from the university sports centre car park.

chiefgrooveguru

…and ChiefGG didn’t get lost…can’t believe that!

Well I covered it up well – though I’m amazed no-one noticed when I rode into a ditch and landed on my face (the joys of leading at night when leaves are covering the trail…) Glad everyone enjoyed themself!

bigsi
    Free Member

*waves*

Hopefully see you this Thursday for some slip sliding fun in them there woods 😛

If you want to join any of the other rides that Brighton MTB & Sussex MTB do then best head over HERE as most of them get posted unless they are the normal Tuesday & Thursday Stanmer rides.

I think that makes sense 😕

wwaswas

I prefer it now the clocks have gone back. I can’t get to the start of the rides normally, but when I ride on a Thursday I can now spot the lights in the trees and catch up…

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Funny enough even after 7 years riding round brighton I’ve never ridden with brighton mtb – but planning on doing so this winter once I’ve moved house and into a place that works a bit better with muddy bikes.

loving muddy night rides right now. it’s mega 🙂

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve not been on a BrightonMTB ride, but i’ve run into them lots of times around Stanmer. They seem like a really nice bunch of guys.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

wot paceman said 🙂

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yep, I guide the occasional ride, but as pointed out above I’m currently broken 🙁

Normal service will resume eventually……

Hello everyone else!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Who if anyone on here rides with or from BrightonMTB ?’ is closed to new replies.