Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • white kids talking like black kids?
  • StuMcGroo
    Free Member

got in earlier and mrs mcgroo was watching britains got talent.

so there's these 2 white kids… twist and pulse… talking like black kids. wtf is that all about? it's not like any regional accent in the uk so they must be putting it on. i know we used to put on fake american accents when we were kids but we grew out of that by the time we went to middle school.

druidh
    Free Member

Stu McGroo – Member
    got in earlier and mrs mcgroo was watching britains got talent.

Liar, liar
    pants on fire.

bassspine
    Free Member

wiggers.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It's got nothing to do with skin colour, its a sub culture innit moosh.

DezB
    Free Member

What these 2?

(I'm not watching it either, mrsDezb & jr are watching the shite in the other room.)

allthepies
    Free Member

been going on for a few years. chav culture gone mad.

liiiiaaaaarrrrkk….

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Everyones a little bit racist sometimes….

JAM29er
    Free Member

How does a black kid talk??

RACIST

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How these white kids were talking………..was it an African accent ?

we used to put on fake american accents when we were kids

How sad is that 😐

Luckily I don't recall anyone in my childhood doing that.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Twist and Pulse FTW! (no idea of what they do, the wife's just changed channels and there they were). Really though, what does it matter? They're all chancers and you'll have forgotten about them by the end of next week. innit. 😆

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

just re-read my post and it's staring me in the face… i went to school 😯

allthepies – been going on for a few years. chav culture gone mad.

when mrs mcgroo worked at our local ymca all the kids were doing it, the best one was welshy, why's he called welshy i asked, because he's from cardiff was the answer…. what cardiff, jamaica!!

druidh – Liar, liar
    pants on fire.

druidh, i'll happily admit to plenty of boring shit but bgt ain't one of 'em.

weldone penrod, 6 replies before the rescist comment!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And furthermore, the wife's deeply disturbed by Spellbound. What the devil do they do? Now that's something to rear up about!

allthepies
    Free Member

>How these white kids were talking………..was it an African accent ?

I guess you're too close to it Ernie being a Londoner and that.

But what seems to be happening it that kids regardless of skin colour seem to think that they've been brought up in a South London district which uses a pseudo-Jamaican accent. Or perhaps they actually think they are Jamaican.

the key word seems to be "like" pronounced "laaaarrrrkkk".

Anyway, I'm obviously in my own fantasy world as you're not aware of said weirdness.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Let me spell it out for you – white kids talking like black kids: nothing to get a hair across your arse about. There's a bunch on there wearing shorts – SHORTS! They look like they're about to burst into 'Tomorrow belongs to me'.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Nothing racist about that at all. Pointing out a fact doesn't make you racist.

Do you know what a bomberclad is, what i-re means, I've no idea what the modern equivalents are but I grew up in
    Brixton and half my school mates were black, black kids have their own slang.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

whys yous talkin shiiiiiit! radio 1's Westwoods been taking like a rapper for years now innit.

yunki
    Free Member

I think you'll find that it's the accent … generally speaking… of disaffected youth..

Why are they disaffected? hmmm… certainly no clues here on STW

JAM29er
    Free Member

Pointing out a fact doesn't make you racist

What fact? Black kids do not speak in a particular way. You're racist. Personally I don't like the modern language of inner city yoofs or chavs either

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

A spell in the army and a bloody good wash wouldnt go amiss!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Bring back national service for the glue sniffing ****! 😉

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

flippinheckler – whys yous talkin shiiiiiit! radio 1's Westwoods been taking like a rapper for years now innit.

lol at flippinheckler, you're right, i remember seeing him for the first time after hearing him on the radio for ages, i thought they'd fncked up the caption on the tv!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Some black kids speak in a very particular way – No doubt about it and no fella I'm not racist, you're just wrong.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what seems to be happening it that kids regardless of skin colour seem to think ……..

What, like the kids with black skin who think it's ok to speak with scottish or cockney accents ?

allthepies
    Free Member

>What, like the kids with black skin who think it's ok to speak with scottish or cockney accents ?

Dude, keep off the glue mkay*.

* believe is trendy non-ethnic based term for "OK"

scu98rkr
    Free Member

its just the standard south london accent now adays.

its a mixture of cockney, south london, jamican and some asian influences

flippinheckler
    Free Member

They will be wearing jeans that hang off their arses next, showing their undies FFS!

kinda666
    Free Member

All I hear at home at the moment is "I'm at my yard man, yeah safe man"

18 year old white kid, sounded very much like the black kidz when I was a Yoof to be fair!

Joolsburger I-re iirc means its all good, or so the chap told me on my honeymoon in jamaica!

Rich
    Free Member

Some black kids speak in a very particular way – No doubt about it and no fella I'm not racist, you're just wrong.

And many black kids dont!

We all know what you're getting at, but its not 'talking like black kids', its more street talk, ya get me blud?! 😉

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

please excuse my ignorance!

are fink are knoor wat yo torkin abart, nar lark! 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Language and accents evolve at an alarming rate especially among diverse groups and within youth cultures where codes and secrecy are essential and a sense of identity is a huge influencing factor..

its just the standard south london accent now adays.

its a mixture of cockney, south london, jamican and some asian influences

absolutely bob on.. get used to it.. or not… It will be different again in a generation or two.

JAM29er
    Free Member

Some black kids speak in a very particular way

You're already trying to quantify it

So some white kids talk like some black kids
    some black kids talk like some white kids
    kids talk like other kids

Racist

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

its a mixture of cockney, south london, jamican

Also a bit of Irish and Yiddish………for the proper kosher south london lingo

sc-xc

**** me. wind your neck in ^

joolsburger
    Free Member

You're so right – I hated my immigrant parents.

yunki
    Free Member

It's not just ethnic accents and Tim Westwood that provide the inspiration for our youngsters though… this bloke has had a bit of influence on the current incarnations of street talk too..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So some white kids talk like some black kids
    some black kids talk like some white kids
    kids talk like other kid

Perhaps its the fact OP mentions a difference of skin colour you that is portrayed as being racist, however we do live in a multi-cultural society especially inner cities, youths who are black and are from Afro Caribbean backgrounds have formed their own culture and slang, perhaps borne from hip hop wrap gang culture, so IMO to point ut white kids are talking like black kids is not being racist, but factual, or aren't we allowed to point out differences or how they came about.

antigee

so IMO to point ut white kids are talking like black kids is not being racist, but factual

why point it out?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I didn't think they sounded black…just thick.

Or have I just accidentally said I think black kids are thick? 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I didn't think they sounded black…just thick.

They don't sound thick to me, just well gay. Still, not entirely surprising if they're at the BRIT school.

bigrich

your old, the're young, don't try and understand.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘white kids talking like black kids?’ is closed to new replies.