Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • whitby in june? am i mad?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

is it any good? looking for any ideas of accomodation/things to do etc. wanted to visit york and maybe dalby

djglover
    Free Member

Wearing a Middlesbrough top and drinking export strength lager by the seafront seemed to be a very popular passtime last time I was up. That and dressing like a freak in the pubs!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I love it up there, in fact we’re having our honeymoon there while we save up for a fancy one in Iceland.

postierich
    Free Member

I would stay in Scarborough easy to get to York(train),Dalby(ride)no toll fee to pay, decent enough beach.You can ride to Whitby offroad form Scarborough 16 miles on the old railway.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

taking the van but will need somewhere to stay…quiet would be good if anyone has any tips?

can you do any biking instruction at dalby? i was wanting to get the missus a session or two

stu1972
    Free Member

Not as mad as us. We’re going there last week in August!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Scarborough???? Whitby is much better.

restless
    Free Member

We went in April for a festival and stayed in the Youth Hostel. It is part of the Abbey grounds and has bike storage. It was very clean and good value for money.

It has been many years since i stayed in a YH, but we had a private room and bathroom and it was not full of youths either.

meehaja
    Free Member

lovely place, green flys aside (though that might have been a one off?)

Cliff path from whitby out to staithes is nice.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My Grandparents live in Staithes.

Whitby’s OK, if you can tolerate the Goths. They seem drawn to the place, and then (more) miserable that the locals really like them.

antigee

another vote for the youth hostel, part of the abbey and you can walk into town

though recently camped at one of these locations and cabins looked good value 20mile drive to coast but you can ride into Dalby
    http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/cabins/locations/north_yorkshire

Robins Hood bay is worth a visit if not been

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘whitby in june? am i mad?’ is closed to new replies.