Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whinlatter – conditions for riding this weekend?
  • xiphon
    Free Member

The “In The Trees” vid has inspired me to make a trip up to Whinlatter – anybody know what the conditions would be like?

Is there still loads of snow on the trails?

anc
    Free Member

Nope, post thaw mud is the flavour of the day at the mo… enjoy!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Make sure they have been out gritting before hand though to avoid dissapointment.

paul78
    Free Member

Was going to ride Whinlatter and Skiddaw loop on Sunday .. looks Whinlatter is good to go anyone ridden Skiddaw loop recently ??

anc
    Free Member

Its all fine this end of the lakes, we’re had a very mild winter and very little snow compared to recent years. Couple of weekends ago we went to Ambleside the day after the snow it was almost unrideable 8″ deep everywhere, headed back up to whinlatter and it was almost snow free! There was a fair bit of ice, but it was all rideable and that will have thawed out by now. We’re just in the middle of another mild week and i see rain is forecast before the weekend, so conditions are typical for a mild wet uk winter.

djflexure

Done bits of Skiddaw this week. Most of it seemed fine. Couple of sections very icy – I walked around easily enough.
    Whinlatter all rideable – not that muddy IMO.

Last day riding Fri – may have a go at he full Skiddaw loop.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’ve been up to Ambleside two weekends running for sledging, and a winter ramble (Kirkstone Pass, Sunday just passed).

Never been to Whinlatter before, so unsure what conditions would be like 🙂

Looks like it’s Whinlatter for me on Saturday!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whinlatter – conditions for riding this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.