Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which Xbox 4gb or 250gb
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Looking at buying the kids (and me) an Xbox with kinect for Xmas.

But whihc one is ‘better’ what will the 250gb give me that the 4gb doesn’t. Will it hold more save data? Someone help!

gnusmas

Had this question when i purchased mine. Both are exactly the same but like you said the 250gb will hold a lot more data than the 4gb. Worth it if you want to put the games on the hard drive as it runs slightly quicker, and is cooler as the drive is not constantly going.

IMO get the 250gb one (or any special case ones if there are any on offer as they tend to be a good deal)

PMK2060

I was told that 250gb was better if you planned to go online. I bought the Xbox and Kinect yesterday from Tesco as it was the best deal I could find.

Bez

Get the 250. You can plug a USB stick into the 4 to get an extra 16GB (it won’t use more even on a bigger stick) but that only covers you for one sizeable game and even then some features won’t work (eg replays and ghost drivers in Forza). I only play Forza really, but the lack of disk is a proper annoyance.

Cougar

If you’re thinking of going online, ever, you need the 250Gb. No brainer IMHO.

Worth it for demo downloads alone.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

250gb is the only one worth having. Even 20gb is useless for storage.As an example battlefield 3 has currently had 13 GB of updates, with another 1.8 due this week. This doesn’t take into account the almost weekly xbox updates.

patriotpro
    Free Member

As others have said – online, get the big one, otherwise the small one and expand via memory stick to take it up to 20gb.

There is a webshop that does the 250gb HDs for 32ish quid so depending on what deal you have seen, it may be worth getting the small one and then buying the big HD seperately.

Great machine the Xbox BTW, enjoy.

LMT
    Free Member

250gb is the best option, ive got the first sku version with a small hdd, upgraded to a 100gb hdd a few years back and thats full, hoping for a new sku xbox this chrimbo!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The 4gb isn’t technically a hdd but instead some sort of ssd, not normally a problem but some games (yes bf3, I am looking at you) won’t accept the ssd for downloading updates even if you’ve enough memory left so you’ll need to buy an extra hdd anyway.

It was quite a big thing when bf3 came out and most people think it’ll become more common.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Bought the 250 now need to buy games!

Cougar

You have chosen… wisely.

Get Portal (Still Alive) off Xbox Live and Red Dead Redemption from the bargain bin.

Best place I’ve found for a Gold online subscription is here. 13 months for 30 quid.

rockhopperbike

Er, how do you copy the games to the HDD- is it in the menu system somewhere- would be better than kids leaving disks around to get scratched!

gnusmas

rockhopperbike – You will still need the disc to start the game as it loads from the disc but runs from the hard drive.

Load the disk into your Xbox 360 console and go to your Xbox 360 console
    Scroll down to My Xbox
    Scroll across to Game Library and hit the A button
    This should put you on the Recent Games window and your game should be highlighted, so you should just need to hit the A button.

Otherwise, scroll to the Recent Games window and choose the game.
    On the game screen, choose Install to Hard Drive.

rockhopperbike

cheers for that, will have a look mañana!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which Xbox 4gb or 250gb’ is closed to new replies.