Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Which set of Hex wrenches?
  • Squib
    Free Member

I can’t believe the Unior T-Handles haven’t been mentioned yet! I have these in the workshop along with VAR P-handles and the Park set that I hate and regret getting!

dufusdip
    Free Member

The torque needed for cycling use shouldn’t present too much of an issue. But ones with handles will make life easier. Spent 25 on a t handle sealey set that worked well on motorbike but lacked reach. Picked up a set from aldi for a tenner that have been surprisingly robust despite lots of ham fisted treatment over three years on bike and motorbike.

These look very similar (comes with torx too) but could not vouch got these specific ones

similar ones

wrecker
    Free Member

Hey Northwind, I stumbled across these last night;
    http://primetools.co.uk/product/bondhus-sp10-ic-20-pivot-head-torx-key-wrench-set-t15-t55/

They have torx sets too and they are Bondhus……… 🙂

Personally I have these (all in the Facom roller cab 😉 );

Tempted by a set of Bondhus L keys though and the Teng stuff I have is great so this looks fantastic value;
    http://www.teng.co.uk/ttht28-teng-tools-28-piece-hex-key-mm-af-tx-set.html

deadslow

Thanks for all the suggestions…….in the end I went for these:
    Hex keys at Uk tool centre.
    Seemed to get great reviews and good enough for non-intense use. Cheers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cant go wrong with hex plus.

To the guy suggesting aldi keys up there i bought a set and took them back when i found out they didnt actually fit the advertised size. So much slop. They will undo the bolts but they are horrendously slack in even new unused hex bolt heads i tried another set in the shop then decided it wasnt worth the risk even as a spare set to throw in the van. Hex keys aint exactly pricy. Got a 12 quid set of bahcos instead – they at least fit the same bolts.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Squib, I just got a 7 piece set of unior hex keys from amazon, came today, unbelievable quality and they were on sale for £23. I couldnt believe it. Superb quality. So good in fact I am selling my Beta ones.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have loads of Unior bike tools (hand tools are all Facom).
    Unior is easily as good quality as Park. Big company too, they have their own foundry.

mattyfez

I’ll probably get sworn at but I picked up a silverline set a few year’s back for less than a tenner, happy with them, long, ball end on the long ends, think 10pcs iirc.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Unior as good as park…….**** offf…

Unior would get my money long before park. Much better gear imo of actually using it to make a living.

Infact i rate most of fat spanners stuff above parks over priced pish. Park make one or two innovative tools but they have been trading on their reputation for a long time. Alot of our old park tools went on for years – most of it rebranded quality kit – such as bondhaus etc such as snap on do for tools they dont make.

We replaced the, with more modern park gear which didnt last the year in the workshop. It was absolutely different equipment, nothing like the old stuff.

wrecker
    Free Member

Unior would get my money long before park.

😀
    Can’t disagree, but a lot of people see park as the standard when it comes to bike tools. Pedros are even worse!
    I do still own some park stuff, their wheel jig is better than uniors and they have a square drive BB tool.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

I’ve got a park cable cutter which I like. But apart from that it’s mostly snap on and knipex.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ll probably get sworn at but I picked up a silverline set a few year’s back for less than a tenner, happy with them, long, ball end on the long ends, think 10pcs iirc.

Pretty sure they are the same as Ice Tools, XTools, Superstar, etc and perfectly up to the job for many years. Mine are Ice Tools branded.
    However this damn thread has made me spend money on those Draper swivel head ones (ebay £17.99) should arrive today, so will post what they’re like.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Those Draper ones are sweet, if I didnt get the Unior ones I defo would have got those. Ive got a bit of an tool buying problem at the minute though.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Where is the niche? STW fail….

https://www.imprex.net/product-category/titanium/titanium-ball-hex-key/

Titanium ones for the win (if not the actual using)

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I have the Superstar T handle one for £20 they are great and have a handy stand for the work shop

slimjim78
    Free Member

As posted above – Bondhus.
    They make Park Tools hex/torch/Allen keys for Park. Plus, I recently’imported’ a full set of torch/imperial/metric folding wrenches for about £18.50 all in from the US, roughly the same price as a single Park Torx folding set (exactly the same item) costs in the UK.

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you 100% sure of that , or do park now make various quality ranges – and ergo devaluing their good stuff….

i have a set of bondhaus park stuff from way back when in my tool box. its a mile away from the modern park in terms of quality.

slimjim78
    Free Member

are you 100% sure of that

I wouldn’t bet my life on it but having it in hand, I can see and feel that the green Torx set is nigh on identical. I read it in a magazine article a while back also.
    Doesn’t surprise me st all that Park sub out at least some of their production lines

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Which set of Hex wrenches?’ is closed to new replies.