Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which pet insurance please
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Just acquiring a rescue dog and want to take out some insurance cover for vets etc, any recommendations please?
    Thanks
    Richard

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Usual advice, decide what you need and are prepared to risk.
    Options are generally around
    Cover per Year
    Lifetime cover for illness or injury incurred or limited to the policy year.
    Excess
    Pay/Claim direct from the insurer rather than pay an claim back

Pet plan generally come up as top of the pile but as always read the small print.

eskay

It may be slightly more expensive but I would recommend getting lifetime cover, I had only cover for one year snd both of my dogs were diagnosed with lifetime conditions which require daily treatment!

ChrisA
    Free Member

Petplan ultimate with condition for life for us.

Our rescue dog had both his front elbows operated on last spring, it turned out £2k per leg vets fees, they dealt directly with the vets, settled the bill no issue & paid for all his medicine. If he’s needed to stay of the medicine for life, they’d have paid for that too. Our cat is insured by them too.

There are a few people we know who have gone for cheaper cover and the dogs are seriously ill or need big operations where they have had to find the rest themselves and if its vets bills they rack up quickly.

Most vets seem to prefer petplan because they pay out for the majority of claims where others don’t. I have no affiliation to them, but in my experience of having to use them they have been great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which pet insurance please’ is closed to new replies.