Home Forums Bike Forum Which computer/gps has the largest display?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which computer/gps has the largest display?
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

Since passing 40 its been getting increasingly dificult to read my cycle computer when riding!

I’ve got a Cateye Strada because it claimed to have the largest display, but although the speed readout is indeed very large at 14.5mm, its the distance I’m most interested in and this is only 8mm.

So which computer has the largest distance display? I reckon I need at least 10mm numeral height to read it at a quick glance in flickering light and joggling about!

Quite like the look of a Garmin Edge 200, and it would also save resetting wheel sizes as I transfer between my three bikes. Anyone got one of those and can tell me how large the distance numerals are?

Thanks.

leffeboy

I don’t know about the Edge 200 but with the Edge 705 you can select what you show on the display. If you select 8 things then the text is very small but you could also just select 1 or 2 and have huge text

Maybe take a look at the manual for the Edge 200 and see what options you have to set data fields on the display

lemonysam
    Free Member

?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for the edge 200 (assuming it’s the same as the expesnive versions) if you just set it to show 2 bits of data it’s pretty big numbers. The only downside is it doesn’t do cadence or HR like it’s big brother.

I usualy set my 305 to show speed/cadence/HR/distance on page 1, then on page 2 have the other ‘nice to know’ bits and bobs like climb/decent, altitude, average speed, etc show as 1/8th of the screen.

pete68
    Free Member

Doubt think you can alter the display on 200. Look for a second hand 500.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which computer/gps has the largest display?’ is closed to new replies.