• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which "cheap" saddle – SDG, Madison Flux, Spoon?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Or something else?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Spoon from Triton Cycles, at checkout you can like them on FB and get an extra pound off, then delete the like from FB. Works out as £17.50 posted for all colours.

D0NK

flux/spoon works for me, not quite as comfy as my usual flite but it’ll do, infact I’ve had a spare flite knocking about and haven’t bothered to replace the flux so….in the comfort:laziness ratio it’s doing well.

like piknmix said look around and they are silly cheap.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a load of saddles to clear out of the garage if you’re interested? I think one might be an SDG

creamegg
    Free Member

my SDG is coming to the end of its life after 4 years constant abuse. Would like something a bit more exciting but hard to justify anything else as its very comfortable, hardwearing and good value

robbonzo
    Free Member

I love my Flux, just got a 2nd for my other bike and I find them better than spoons. £19 from Freeborn cycles too.

binners

The flux is equally as comfy as the Spoon, but seems to be a lot harder wearing and better constructed. I’ve had both and the Flux is the better option, I’d say.

Martin.B
    Free Member

Love my On One big nose (just about to have a python moment there 😛 )

botanybay
    Free Member

Gusset r series is your cuddly bottom’s delicious friend.

gogg
    Free Member

Flux at £17.99 with free delivery at my LBS.

Personally I use an SDG Bel-Air, I like a bit of bling.

matther01
    Free Member

Only trouble with them is the stitching can ruin your shorts. Scoop maybe a better alternative albeit a wee bit more expensive?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve used charge spoons for about 5 years, but recently changed to fluxes. They’re a touch cheaper and I find them more comfortable. If it matters, it’s about 25g lighter too.

timc
    Free Member

Also have both flux & spoon, flux my choice as it has slightly softer foam 8)

ton

a little bit more expensive, but i got a charge scoop earlier this week.
    150 miles on it so far…comfy as any i have used.

h8tch
    Free Member

spoon and flux are both good budget saddles I’ve had several of
    both but would say the flux is my favourite and defo more comfortable and more durable imo .

RicB

Would anyone be able to check the saddle thickness of the Flux & spoon? Ie rails to top of pad…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which "cheap" saddle – SDG, Madison Flux, Spoon?’ is closed to new replies.