Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)
  • Where's the STW summer budget thread?
  • Solo
    Free Member

And where’s the thread/ranting about the bank’s maximum protection threshold being lowered from 85k to 70k, thread?

binners

All summed up nicely here

We all know what we’re getting. Shafted! Unless you’re rich. In which case… happy ****ing days!!!!

Disabled people can go and **** themselves. The bloody parasites! My mates get to pass on their million pound + homes on to their braying offspring tax free. BOOM! prioriies well and truly sorted.

Cheers!

cranberry
    Free Member

TL;DR – the lefties aren’t going to like people having to pay for their own lifestyles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Solo
    Free Member

Thanks, Binners, you realise I’m going to have to get my phone decontaminated now it’s been directed to the guardian website.
    😡
    Does anyone know if theres any Gov support for replacing my phone?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Excellent piece by Frankie 😀 Where’d you hear about that then binbins? 😛

In short folks, they hate you. Even you right wingers (who have been shown to be on average a bit thicker than lefties) who aspirationally vote for them – here’s a thing…they hate you too.

footflaps

the lefties poor aren’t going to like people having to pay for their own the rich’s lifestyles.

FIFY

In short folks, they hate you. Even you right wingers (who have been shown to be on average a bit thicker than lefties) who aspirationally vote for them – here’s a thing…they hate you too.

Unless you’re a millionaire in which case you’ll have already received your invite for the hookers and coke after budget party. Apparently they’ve hired some disabled people for paint ball target practice as part of the after party entertainment.

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve heard in-work tax credits may be up for revision.

That’s only ok with me if the gov twists both arms up the back of business to get wages elevated to fill the shortfall.

hilldodger
    Free Member

trying to follow binnies link from work and I get

The website you have tried to access has been blacklisted by the UK security authorities and/or xxxxxx Security. Access to this site is not permitted

ahwiles
    Free Member

yay! – tax cuts for millionaires!

thank Christ for that, i was beginning to worry about the poor lambs. Because, y’know, the problem with this country is that there just aren’t enough ways for rich people to avoid paying tax.

footflaps

Fine if they upped the minimum wage, but if they don’t it’s just shafting the poor whilst letting the rich off the hook for paying peanuts.

jam-bo

trying to follow binnies link from work and I get

It’s a guardian link, who do you work for? GCHQ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

tax cuts for millionaires!

We need to keep wealth creators in the country don’t you know! 🙂

Don’t want them all going to live wherever they keep their bank accounts. 😐

lunge

We do know that pic is old don’t we? I believe it is Champagne delivered for Gordon Brown if memory serves.

midlifecrashes

About the champagne photograph, it’s from 2004, when a certain Mr Brown worked inside, but the champers is thought to be headed upstairs to Mr Blair’s residence above.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/delivery-of-champagne-waits-for-admittance-outside-no-11-news-photo/51276786

Solo
    Free Member

Footflaps. I thought that was my point, wages need to rise.
    essentially, replacing gov subsidies to shareholders, with higher wages paid by the employer.

binners

Fine if they upped the minimum wage, but if they don’t it’s just shafting the poor whilst letting the rich off the hook for paying peanuts.

You’re familiar with the Tories raison d’etre, right?

At the risk of sending the security forces round for midnight door knocking

the benefits scroungers George won’t be addressing today

How do we ALL finance this demand in wage rises? I run a small business and pay my shop staff above minumum wage, which she is happy about. If I had to pay her £9 odd p/h, my business would fold. I can’t increase my retail prices, or reduce any other overheads.

footflaps

You’re familiar with the Tories raison d’etre, right?

Sadly yes.

The five tenants of conservatism.

1. Poverty is a moral failing
    2. Disability is a moral failing
    3. Moral failings must be punished to instil character
    4. Money is a virtue
    5. There’s no point being rich if you can’t lord it over the poor, so the government’s duty to the rich is to ensure there is an underclass to mock

RustySpanner

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I[/video]

andyl
    Free Member

And where’s the thread/ranting about the bank’s maximum protection threshold being lowered from 85k to 70k, thread?

does that only count for a single bank – ie can you spread it out between different banks and be protected?

binners

How do we ALL finance this demand in wage rises? I run a small business and pay my shop staff above minumum wage, which she is happy about. If I had to pay her £9 odd p/h, my business would fold. I can’t increase my retail prices, or reduce any other overheads.

Do your staff top up their wages with tax credits? It sounds like it. What happens when they can’t do that any more (tomorrow)? Then they no longer earn a wage they can live on. What happens then?

Do you think the Tories have thought that one through?

Actually, they probably have, and decided they couldn’t care less. Somebody has to pay for their rich frends tax cuts, after all. The poor and the disabled are the usual scapegoats, but it seems like like the working poor are really for it this time! Again.

Solo
    Free Member

Hate! So, um, those who voted Conservative, kinda like the conservatives, but they’re fools because the conservative party hates them back.

Hhmmm, so it wasn’t anything to do with what was on offer, with regard to whom to vote for….
    A somewhat narrow perspective.

TAFKAS.
    Profits are lower or if they’re already zero, then….. 😉

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Oh well – it looks like your business, as with a hell of a lot of other businesses, isn’t financially viable without government support.

footflaps

If we raised more money from large corporations we could reduce taxation on small companies eg reduce rates etc…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A somewhat narrow perspective.

Voting Tory certainly is. 🙂 It’s as narrow as it gets. Only allows one person through. Me me me me me me.

richc
    Free Member

That’s only ok with me if the gov twists both arms up the back of business to get wages elevated to fill the shortfall.

If you think that’s going to happen, you are smoking crack

Solo
    Free Member

Err. If minimum wage is, £7 ph and “she” works 45 hours a week. Then if it goes up to £9 ph, a weekly difference of £90.
    Then that £90 pw is going to sink the business? Or the business makes less than 5k profit a year??

Edit: Numbers above were simplistic, for illustrative purposes.

rondo101
    Free Member

does that only count for a single bank – ie can you spread it out between different banks and be protected?

£70k per financial institution. If you’ve got £210k in cash, place it with at least 3 banks. Be aware that cash balances with other firms (investment brokers for instance) are likely to be placed with similar firms & you may, in aggregate, have more than the threshold as a result.

The reason for the reduction has nothing to do with our government, its an EU directive. €100,000 is the maximum protected, Sterling equivalent is reviewed every 5 years. The strength of sterling means the GBP protected amount has fallen.

Solo
    Free Member

DD.

With respect, I believe you’re very much smarter than that.
    😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“with respect” = “I’m about to floor you with a mild insult”

Typical tory.

footflaps

Voting Tory certainly is. It’s as narrow as it gets. Only allows one person through. Me me me me me me.

People think they’re voting for ‘me’, but really they’re voting for ‘them’ (as in the rich, which they’ll never be).

It’s a great scam which seems to work really well.

cranberry
    Free Member

Ending permanent non-dom status and not allowing it to be inherited = terrible tories being terribly tory again.

Solo
    Free Member

Typical tory

I meant it, also, I didn’t vote, if that helps.

hilldodger
    Free Member

It’s a guardian link, who do you work for? GCHQ?

No, but close 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

So, ‘road tax’ returns!

soobalias
    Free Member

guardian links dont work here since the recent format change.

binners

Is that since they relocated their servers to North Korea?

bruneep

Pay rise capped at 1% for public sector workers for another 4yrs.

<doffs cap>

W@nker

footflaps

You do know that GCHQ run the Guardian, it’s a honey pot for 5th columnists.

footflaps

Pay rise capped at 1% for public sector workers for another 4yrs.

That much! He must be feeling generous. Probably matched with a tax credit cut of 50%, just to balance the books!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘Where's the STW summer budget thread?’ is closed to new replies.