• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by P20.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to source a Trek 44mm disc brake adapter?
  • mogsuncle
    Free Member

I’m helping a friend convert his old Trek from v- to disc brakes, and have just realised that the calliper mount on the frame requires an unusual 44mm adapter. This is the sort of thing –

I’ve spent the evening googling and can’t find anywhere that stocks this, so am turning to the great STW hive mind for help!

Does anyone know where to get one of these, or does someone have one they’d be willing to sell???

Cheers!

Onzadog
    Free Member

44 mm was the formula standard. Some early marzocchi forks used this. It wasn’t an adaptor. It was a specialcific caliper if memory serves. I could be wrong though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

1999 maybe ?

This was back when trek in their wisdom put bolt on disk mounts on.

Might be worth trying a long time trek dealer- its the sorta thing id hoard off old frames 🙂

mogsuncle
    Free Member

Onzadog – Cheers for the response.

What I’m hoping to find is an adapter so that I can use a standard rear brake caliper (current Shimano Deore). So something like a 44mm to 51mm adapter, which was what I’d assumed was in the picture.

From what I can see from googling, this looked to me like an adapter to enable the frame to be used with a standard 160mm rotor adapter?

mogsuncle
    Free Member

Cheers trail-rat. I’ll give some dealers a call in the morning.

njee20
    Free Member

That was called a Disc-Go Mount, 2002-c2004 frames. It was just a bolt on disc mount.

Earlier Treks had a 22mm Hayes mount on the chain stay, which was a right pain.

mogsuncle
    Free Member

That’s great. I now know what it is I’m asking for! I’ve even just found a part number, so getting there gradually.

P20
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to source a Trek 44mm disc brake adapter?’ is closed to new replies.