Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Tyres on road bike (looks alone) A or B?
  • AndyF1
    Free Member

A

Or B

raisinhat
    Free Member

If it’s looks alone then B.

But tyres are important enough that you should pick the one which ride better… unless you’re riding to a photoshoot.

njee20
    Free Member

B

mrmo
    Free Member

B, but i really don’t like the black with black with black look.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Undoubtably A.
    Black has no place on bike wheels in any way. It makes them look heavy. At least A brightens them a bit.

bikebouy
    Free Member

B, keep it clean.

thenorth
    Free Member

I’m not racist or anything, but that’s too black.

globalti
    Free Member

Much though I admire the all black trend I still think A looks more balanced.

Jamie
    Free Member

B.

…and take those yellow stickers off as well.

jameso

B. Plus, you get a much wider choice of tyres if you like the all-black look.

IanMunro
    Free Member

B
    Headset needs to be blacker though.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

A all day long
    P.S. stop showing off! #jealous

spooky_b329

A

martymac

normally i would have said A, as i dont like black sidewalls.
    but in this example im going to say B, because murdered out is a good look for a road bike.

DezB
    Free Member

That saddle must press on yer nads when on the drops.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Are either of them Vittoria? If so, throw them in the bin.

plus-one

B

You can never have enough black… It never ever goes out of fashion and always looks cool/expensive ..

Well until white makes a comeback 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

B

Lose the rim stickers too.

Jamie
    Free Member

but in this example im going to say B, because murdered out is a good look for a road bike.

😀

lunge

A. All bikes look better with skin wall tyres. The fact that are Veloflex and therefore ride great as well makes it a no brainer.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

B for sure

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

A

TiRed

B, most definitely. Not only are the Mavic tyres excellent – I raced mine on Weds evening, you get the opportunity to align logos and logos. They are a rather narrow 23, compared with many brands, but the grip is excellent and they roll well. I’ve amost worn down the back after a season.

I found that I tend to tire of coloured tyres before they wear out. I’ve had black/white ultremos on a Ti bike taht looked great, black/silver Duranos because they were cheap (and won’t die) and black/green on Son1’s Cannondale (again cheap and matching). Black for my bikes.

LS
    Free Member

A.
    They look better and in Veloflex vs Mavic tyres, Veloflex are the clear winner.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

A all the way

P20

B
    I’ve recently changed my C40 (black & yellow) to black tyres,seat,tape. Looks far nicer in my opinion

ir_bandito
    Free Member

A, if you de-sticker the rims as the logo size clashes, and put a bit more yellow highlighting on the build: cable outers, bar tape etc.

or B to keep it simple. But you realise you’ll never find your bike if there’s a power cut…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A

Veloflex’s just complete the “I am considerably richer than you” look. Mavic’s just look like they came free with the wheels.

Although I don’t really like either and would have just stuck some Ultremo’s on, I like their ‘no sidewall’ look.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

double post?

wwaswas

I can’t take my eyes off that brick that’s a different colour to all the others. Did you break its predecessor?

will
    Free Member

A

londonerinoz
    Free Member

B, I suppose. Do you wear ninja black too? Ideally though I think frames and fork should contrast with the rest, especially the wheels, in order to give an aesthetic balance. Silver spokes on black rims on a black bike just about achieves this too.

eyerideit
    Free Member

That’s a nice looking bike.

I’d go for B.

Once you’ve had black you never go back, innit?

bob_summers

A. But I’ve had those tyres and the gumwalls are impossible to keep clean from brake sludge so go with the corsas (black sidewalls) instead. It’ll never look right with a Shimano crank anyway…

lemonysam
    Free Member

A every time – B lacks class.

AndyF1
    Free Member

So thats that sorted out then. 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

B for sure on that

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

B, and remove the transfers, full stealth look.

atlaz
    Free Member

B. Or A if you add a bit more yellow elsewhere (maybe bar-tape or pedals or something).

sbob
    Free Member

Whilst you were aligning your rim and tyre logos, I was having sex with your wife.
    This goes for all of you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Tyres on road bike (looks alone) A or B?’ is closed to new replies.