• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to sell old vinyl records?
  • corroded
    Free Member

By old I mean early/mid 90s techno – mostly Red Planet, UR, Jeff Mills – not Engelbert Humperdinck. I’d rather keep them than use ebay ever again but is there a vinyl-specific online equivalent?

I don’t think there’s anything collectable but this brings back some good memories:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR6GkLguprc[/video]

Hobster
    Free Member

http://www.discogs.com may be worth a look although not sure about the selling costs.

SaxonRider

Spillers in Cardiff.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ocrider

Yup, discogs.

binners

Hobster beat me to it. A mate of mine got rid of his enormous vinyl collection on there.

He used to come into the office with a fresh load every day. I think he posted them to every country on the planet! They went for serious money too

You can buy packaging specifically for posting vinyl. I’d buy a job lot!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Failing that try Hard to find records in Birmingham as they may take the lot.
    The other option is a car boot I did one a few weeks back and the vinyl was sold almost as soon as the car stopped.

corroded
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the Discogs tip – great site. Turns out I have about £50 of Detroit techno so unless someone wants the lot I’m not sure if worth selling individually. But thank god discogs wasn’t around 18 years ago or I know where most of my student loan would have gone!

Car boot is a good idea. My sister’s clearing out some baby wear and toys soon so might tag the records on to that for the dads.

zbonty

Where abouts are you? I’d be tempted by them. I also know a dealer who buys all sorts(and pays decent prices). How much do you have?

Discogs is good but like ebay takes ages/involves faff. Ebay is pants for this.
    HTFR are cowboys

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve got my entire collection on discogs, things have slowed right down on the vinyl selling front, any rare or classic techno should shift though. Or if you just want rid then do a LOT on ebay, don’t expect too much though.

rewski
    Free Member

Do you have a list you could post? You could post something mnml.nl, there’s plenty of dj’s and collectors from all over europe.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Star Dancer! What a great tune I can still remember the first time I heard it when Surgeon played it at a House of God 😀

My fav Red Planet Release is this though
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT3xJJnRfzU[/video]

passtherizla
    Free Member

yeah stay away from HTFR they’re total douche bags.

Haze

Yes to Discogs, you get the odd idiot/non-payer but I have mostly good experiences from there.

And it all paid for my Cotic, the Poles love their acid techno! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell old vinyl records?’ is closed to new replies.